Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fetal dopplers

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 14 Replies
I just received my fetal doppler in the mail, and I'm so excited! I'm a little too early for it yet, just 6 wks 3 days along, but I can't wait to try it out. Has anyone else tried them for home use? Was it hard to find a heart beat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Bump!
mommieof3_91
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I just used mine earlier today. I can never find her heartbeat but my momma always does :-)
ame501
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I have one and it is often hard for me to find it...and I am almost 36 weeks! LOL...it sounds like a galloping horse!

Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
The one I got has really good reviews for finding it at 8 weeks, so I'm hoping I don't have to wait til the 3rd trimester. My friend got the same one, and she's almost 20 weeks, but hasn't tried it yet.
hurst0three
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I got mine when I was 10 weeks along with our last pregnancy and I thought I could hear a very faint hb but I was wrong. I didn't actually hear his little hb til 14 weeks. Trust me, you'll know when you actually hear the babys heartbeat. Mine is a Sonoline B bought from fetaldopplers.net. I loved it! It was so reassuring to hear his little hb, especially in the 2nd trimester before he started moving a ton!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
mama2gg
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Love mine found her at 8weeks and a few days way low above pubic bone had to push to hear it couldn't hear with Doppler gel used aloe and blam loud and clear

I still use it from time to time now at 27 weeks if I don't feel her move for a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
No
mlawson803
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here....real low and off to side alittle. Aloe worked better for me too. I got mine in mail at 9 1/2 weeks and was able to hear heartbeat same day.

Quoting mama2gg:

Love mine found her at 8weeks and a few days way low above pubic bone had to push to hear it couldn't hear with Doppler gel used aloe and blam loud and clear

I still use it from time to time now at 27 weeks if I don't feel her move for a bit

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
thats the one I got too! I know the babies hb are much faster, as I remember with my first but that was 8 yrs ago and never knew you could get a doppler for home use.

Quoting hurst0three:

I got mine when I was 10 weeks along with our last pregnancy and I thought I could hear a very faint hb but I was wrong. I didn't actually hear his little hb til 14 weeks. Trust me, you'll know when you actually hear the babys heartbeat. Mine is a Sonoline B bought from fetaldopplers.net. I loved it! It was so reassuring to hear his little hb, especially in the 2nd trimester before he started moving a ton!

Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Any aloe? the aloe gel? Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look into that if I can't get a reading in a few weeks.

Quoting mama2gg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured