Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby food question.

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 21 Replies
When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food?
Which brand did you like best & why?
When did you wean them off of bottles?
When did you wean them off of formula?
Which brand of bottles did youlike most & why?
I'm a first-time mommy as of March 2013, so I'm just trying to get all of the advice I can before my little Brooke gets here.

having a baby

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM

When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food?  I don't, baby food isn't needed in the first year and I do baby led weaning.
Which brand did you like best & why? N/A
When did you wean them off of bottles?  My kids breastfeed
When did you wean them off of formula? N/A
Which brand of bottles did youlike most & why?  I have soothie bottles, but they've never been used.

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We never did baby food. We did baby led weaning instead - she immediately went to table foods at 8 months. Before that, she'd eat yogurt, cut up fruits, homemade fruit smoothies, etc.

She never had bottles or formulas. She was drinking out of cups with straws by 10-11 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Sorry I can't be too much help, since DD wasn't FF. I pureed some veggies starting at 6 months (rather than doing jarred food), but she mainly ate what we ate as her feeding abilities and teeth allowed. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food? We introduced purees at 6 months

Which brand did you like best & why? I rarely bought baby food, we made purees of whatever we ate moistened by breastmilk. When I did buy jars it was Gerber organic.

When did you wean them off of formula? She was breast fed and never had formula. I stopped breastfeeding at 13 months.

Which brand of bottles did youlike most & why? Playtex drop ins. They didnt give her gas and it was the only nipple she would take.

did you wean them off of bottles? At 13 months when I stopped bfing (cold turkey) I tossed all bottles as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food? 4 months - with doctor's agreement. DD was formula fed, and would eat so much. We added in a 2 ounce jar of baby food a day and it worked out great.
Which brand did you like best & why?Beechnut and Gerber.. Those are really the only 2 options around here.
When did you wean them off of bottles? DD was off the bottle at 8 months.
When did you wean them off of formula? She started on regular milk on her 1st birthday.
Which brand of bottles did youlike most & why?MAM brand bottles were amazing. The nipple didn't collapse every 2 seconds.

TLQSlovesME
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting KayelynnsMama:

When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food? 4 months - with doctor's agreement. DD was formula fed, and would eat so much. We added in a 2 ounce jar of baby food a day and it worked out great.
Which brand did you like best & why?Beechnut and Gerber.. Those are really the only 2 options around here.
When did you wean them off of bottles? DD was off the bottle at 8 months.
When did you wean them off of formula? She started on regular milk on her 1st birthday.
Which brand of bottles did youlike most & why?MAM brand bottles were amazing. The nipple didn't collapse every 2 seconds.

Thank you sooo much for your help!

having a baby

Owl_Feather
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I make my own. Sylvia had her first food at 6 months. Mashed bananas :) N/A for the formula question. She's only ever had my milk.
Randi02
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM
3 moms liked this
No formula, no bottles, no baby food or cereals.
I start solid foods between 7-10 months, when they can pick it up and feed themselves. Definitely none of that store bought garbage, they eat chunks of real foods. Until then, they are beastfed exclusively.

They breastfeed for a minimum of two years. Formula is not something I would ever give my baby. Yuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food?
Which brand did you like best & why?
When did you wean them off of bottles?
When did you wean them off of formula?
Which brand of bottles did youlike most & why?
I'm a first-time mommy as of March 2013, so I'm just trying to get all of the advice I can before my little Brooke gets here.

First started baby food around 9 months
I like gerber....he seems to perfer those flavors over other brands
He's only 13months he still gets bottles...but we're trying to move to sippy cups
At a  year we switched over to whole milk
We use the little medela bottles that came with the breast pump and the bigger gerber bottles....he was really unpicky about bottles those were the first we tried and he was happy so we just went with it

I say....go with your gut on most things

With bottles...buy one or two of a brand...try them out and see if they work out...that way if baby hates them you only have one or two not thirty. I knew friends that did this and wasted SO much money buying bottles over and over again.

With babyfood...the first few weeks was hit and miss....we just gave him a little bit so he'd get the taste and eventually he got the idea

BabyFetus Ticker

mama-smurf
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:48 AM
When did you start feeding your baby the jars of baby food? 5 months.
Which brand did you like best & why? Gerber, different varieties of food
When did you wean them off of bottles? 10 months
When did you wean them off of formula?10 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN