Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

since this group is nicer than MC...opinions?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 57 Replies
I posted yesterday in MC about a nickname for Joshua. He will be our second boy and is the Jr. my question is why is it that big of a deal to name the second boy a Jr? My DH gets to name this one because I named our first son. We agreed then that he could name the second baby.

I'm glad I named ds Jacob Dennis because it fits
his personality. So any way why is it so weird and can anyone come up with something else to Call Joshua Allen Jr?

Thanks for all the input ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda7409
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Bump
virgochild79
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey! I'm dealing with the same issue. I'm thinking I'll just go with another name because I don't want my first son to wonder why he wasn't the Jr and his little brother is.

Amanda7409
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Bump
screamykittycat
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Joshua Jr? Call him JJ :)
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree that's not ideal. The first born should be the Jr. I don't think it's fair to your oldest.
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM
JJ is cute!

Idk about naming a son the exact same name as the father. My dad and bro have just the same first name and it has not been a good thing. Functionally it was a PITA as far as when people would call and ask for one or the other, or sorting mail, etc. My bro has struggled with his identity and, since he and my dad hate each other, he has a constant reminder of him. That's just my perspective from our f*ed up family. ;)

Quoting screamykittycat:

Joshua Jr? Call him JJ :)
Duquesne
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM
3 moms liked this
There's absolutely no rule that the first should be the jr.
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this
People need to get over the whole jr thing. We named our 2nd dd Brylee after dh who's name is bryan lee. I don't think it matters which child is the jr.
As for a nickname you could call him JJ or if dh goes by Joshua you could call dd's Allen. One of dh friends is named Joshua gage. He goes by Josh & his son goes by gage.
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not something I would do. You'll have to explain to your first why daddy didn't want him to be a junior and waited for the next boy. It just seems like an uncomfortable situation, and something your first ds may feel resentful about later when he's grown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see the issue. My dd's nickname is JJ, so I think that's cute! Or J.R. or just Jr. I'm a firm believer in holding out on nicknaming until baby is born and you can determine personality though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured