Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i need medicine :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have been congested my whole pregnancy but the last couple of weeks starting around Xmas its so much worse. I have to blow my nose clean then cough my longs clear all day. I wake up coughing in the middle of the night and even had to start wearing poise for accidents during coughing firmts. All Dr. Says I can take is tums tylenol and benadryl. I've been trying to stick it out and take tylenol for the coughing pain. Benadryl the night before my day off but I remember a much longer medicine list with DD. I'm just frustrated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
monkeybelle83
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:55 AM

You can also use Vick's Vaporub to help with the congestion. '

I've been fighting a cold for over a week and I am SO over it! Feel better!

CrunchyBran
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM

You can chop a clove of garlic into small pieces and swallow like pills.  It is a natural anti-viral and will kill the cold virus.  1 clove with a meal, 3 times a day.

devinsmom42
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:03 AM
you should be able to take Tylenol cold or Tylenol sinus...whatever your symptoms are but my Dr said anything made by Tylenol is pretty much safe. they have a bunch of different kinds with all the cold stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heatherNisi409
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

my doc said musinex is ok too for colds.

butterflycircle
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I have had a cough and stuffy nose just like that (as well as the fun that comes with coughing fits lol). My dr told me that most over the counter cough meds. I could take. He didn't even tell me any specifically I couldn't take. With my first baby I accidentally took (I didn't see the ask dr before use if pregnant part. I then called the pharmacy and they asked what the ingrediants were and they then checked and said it was safe) Tylenol cold (or cold and cough idk). 

I would try warm water with honey and lemon too. It migh thelp, and it wont hurt : )

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM

You can take robotussion just the regular (DM) version.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)