Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Only 4.5 weeks, is it normal??

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 29 Replies

To have all these scary thoughts? I 'm so worried about miscarrying and the doctors wont see me until beginning of February. I have one doctor app. for Monday that I pushed for with a clinic but its only a one time thing because I want to switch over to a different doctor that Im scheduled for in february. Is it possible to still switch doctors? I do NOT want to go a whole month without being seen! Is it normal to be this worried so early? whats my chances of miscarrying?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xLilBit22
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Im still that way and im 12wk hun but i have a history of miscarrying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Fears are normal part of pregnancy

I am 27.3 weeks and am having a bad thoughts day myself :(

There is ALWAYS a chance of loss from conception to birth I've lost 11 worry isn't going to help

If your not in pain, no spotting, no known issues then I would just wait

The most important thing is to check levels twice in 48 hours to check proper increase and progesterone to make sure its high enough to hold pregnancy.

But relax worry won't help and unless you have a hormonal defect even IF something is going to happen there is nothing a doctor or you can do before 20+ weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kokoscold
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Clam down don't stress... I know easier said than done. But most Doctors won't see you until 8-10 weeks that's the norm. It's cause if they see you any earlier they won't  to get a good ultrasound to check the lil bug out. It's totally normal to have scary thoughts. I know I did with my first, but everything turned out fine. If you stress out to much you're going to drive yourself crazy. But I understand how you feel having MC is a horrible thing. I know I'm dealing with it right now but try not to stress just take care of your body and mind and take it day by day

Babbymyself
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM
chances go lower by time , is this your forst baby? i just had mine im 18 & hes 5 mo. i think you just need to take it a day at a time dont stress out bkuz that just makes things worse. just take care of your self you should be fine. andbyour drz. it just depends what inxurence u have. and u wana be seen sooner, i think its every month first then every 3 wks. evenualy its every obe week youl be seen. be paitiont your ok lol
bshoemaker
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

You can switch doctors at any time. I switched at 26w with my son because my OB was a complete ass. The new OB took great care of us. I think it is normal to worry. With my son we had a couple miscarriages prior and as soon as I got the positive I ran to the doctor. No one can tell you what your chances of miscarriage are, every body is different. Stressing won't help that. Keep calm and call around until you find an OB you feel comfortable with. You might as some friends and family, that is how I found mine.

Soon2bmrsp0226
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quoting Babbymyself:

chances go lower by time , is this your forst baby? i just had mine im 18 & hes 5 mo. i think you just need to take it a day at a time dont stress out bkuz that just makes things worse. just take care of your self you should be fine. andbyour drz. it just depends what inxurence u have. and u wana be seen sooner, i think its every month first then every 3 wks. evenualy its every obe week youl be seen. be paitiont your ok lol

lol yeah is it normal to be cramping??

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

is this your first? I was a nervous nellie with my first! Im now on my third and much more easy going :) 

Yes you can still switch drs, you are very early and wont see anything on the sono so most drs wont get you in until 6-10 weeks. Also you cant hear a heartbeat this early either so they wont know if its viable just yet. Just hang in there and relax

Congrats!

Soon2bmrsp0226
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

This is my first and I'm nervous like hell. Should I still go to the DR on monday just to have my blood work done and all that stuff for first prenatal appts or should i wait till feb. 9th??

jgates1111
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Relax, stress is NOT good for pregnancy. You can switch doctors at anytime you feel lik you need to. I switched at 7 months with my son because I moved. My chances for having a healthy baby were not good, I found out I was preg then ended up in the ER for bleeding the next week, they told me at 9 weeks that they cant hear the heartbeat til 10 weeks so I didnt get my first OB appointment til I was 14 weeks, I did however go and buy prenatal vitamins to take and that would be the one thing I would recommend doing.

Duquesne
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Here's what happens at doctors appts that are too early: you get a blood test. They ask you when your last period was. You beg for an ultrasound. They either refuse or do one and you see nothing but a sac. No heartbeat. Because it's too early.

You end up more worried than before. Absolutely pointless to be seen so early. I know it's hard to wait, but I don't think you'll find any presence of mind there. Good luck. Sticky bean dust.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN