Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am looking into cloth diapers and leaning more towards the gdiapers. Any opinions on them? 

What about GroVia? 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

They are probably more messy and definitely more expensive. You have to wash those liners REALLY well. The disposable inserts are really a joke. If you're going to use them might as well just use disposables. (Unless you use them on a vacation or something without access to a washing machine)

Quoting K-Chan:

I was thinking the gdiapers because they are more like disposable and will make less laundry and less of a mess for dh. lol

Quoting robbinbj:

I haven't used gdiapers, we use BumGenius and Fuzzibuns, and we LOVE them! My one big recommendation, is to buy diapers that snap shut, rather than velcro.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I use cloth, but I've never tried gdiapers.

We use mostly prefolds/covers & pockets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Oh and you can use pockets, stuff them out of the dryer and they go on just like a disposable would. The only extra work would be that you need to remove the insert after you change a dirty diaper and that takes all of two seconds.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I agree - we like snaps better also.

Quoting robbinbj:

I haven't used gdiapers, we use BumGenius and Fuzzibuns, and we LOVE them! My one big recommendation, is to buy diapers that snap shut, rather than velcro.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Same here :)

Quoting Raeann11:

I love cloth diapering. They are not as hard as you or so much work as you think they might be at first. Yes I have to do more laundry. But no big deal I am home anyways and all it is a run down stairs to put them in, start a few more washes, put what needs in the dry and hang up what needs to be hung up. They are also just so darn cute.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

this... and the snaps last longer. the velcro gets shoddy after a few washes. we use ai2, they are similar to disposable in how they go on, and the pad comes out so theyre easy to wash and quick to dry

Quoting kmqw229:

I agree - we like snaps better also.

Quoting robbinbj:

nicole2884
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

i have not heard anything good about g diapers i have heard a few mothers complain

we decided a long time ago when we had kids we would cloth diaper

during the new born phase bleach free indain prefolds with thirsties duo wrap covers

once they hit 15 pds bum genius 

check an cuties with cloth booties group lots of info 

nicole2884
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quoting K-Chan:

I was thinking the gdiapers because they are more like disposable and will make less laundry and less of a mess for dh. lol

Quoting robbinbj:

with cloth diapers there isnt a real way to get out of cleaning ,you well need a sprayer to hook to your toilet to spray out the mess, some like to pre soak theirs others dont, wash them separate an with tide original or a free an clear soap, line drying is awesome, an when your finding that they arent holding fluids like they were you need to strip them by either using hot water an dawn an soak away or some use bleach

an you cant use all those butt creams you have to use one like california baby or magic stick something in most diaper creams cause build up in the diapers an that well cause them to be less absorbent

brittany208
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I'm looking into cloth too, and am not likely at all to use them. (does this help? lol)

I would suggest leaving your DH with all-in-ones because they will be the same amount of work for him as disposables. Put diaper on baby, toss old diaper into pail to be washed. And I dont think washing is really all that much work... there's lots of rules I'm still learning, but sounds like most of the time you CAN toss them in the wash, toss them in the dryer, toss them in the drawer.

rachelrothchild
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

No one I know has actually liked gDiapers, and yes, I CD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN