Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

BRaxton Hicks....

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 13 Replies
What is the soonest you can remember cramping during pregnancy? I started having mild contractions after sex this evening (very common with my prev pregs) but I'm only 23 weeks. I don't remember it being this early :( also I have a shirodkar cercalge in place since last year and delivered jasper via c section just last december... Could that make a difference?

It hurts and I worry about the cramps pulling on my stitches :( anyone else have this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM

BH can start as early at 14 weeks.

Nolanzo
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM
... Thanks for the reply I was hoping someone would come along as I have to go to bed... I just don't remember them being that early with my prev pregs and I'm surely paranoid but I'm worried about the stitches... I I scared contracting with stitches in place even though they told me they don't tear :(

Also it's been about 4 hours and they're getting milder but still there.. Don't remember them lasting this long either. Dammit!

Well I'm going to have an unhappy DH when he finds out no more ejaculating inside LOL

Quoting Pandapanda:

BH can start as early at 14 weeks.

Chasesmum3109
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I have a cerclage too and can't have sex or an orgasm... Dr give you the ok? And my bh started at 16 weeks.
Astrachanca
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:32 AM
I do not have a cerclage, but I've had braxton hicks from about 10-12 weeks on. I'm now 34 weeks. They are sooo annoying! Drink lots of water and make sure you're hydrated. I believe I have an irritable uterus but my doctor is not too concerned. They can be as bad as having them every two minutes for a while, usually at night! I'd call your dr tomorrow and take it easy tonight. Good luck! (Sorry I'm ranting about my own a bit, but I'm so over them!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Yes to sex, no to orgasm... Which isn't a problem for me because it isn't automatic lol...

And I have a sneaking suspicion that I probably should have been told about no ejaculation inside too... I just wasn't thinking and never had it happen this early before, I was surprised to feel that after.

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

I have a cerclage too and can't have sex or an orgasm... Dr give you the ok? And my bh started at 16 weeks.

Nolanzo
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Thank you... Yeah I was so busy at work today I know I didn't get my usual amount of water in.. That is probably partially to blame. Good thinking ;)

Quoting Astrachanca:

I do not have a cerclage, but I've had braxton hicks from about 10-12 weeks on. I'm now 34 weeks. They are sooo annoying! Drink lots of water and make sure you're hydrated. I believe I have an irritable uterus but my doctor is not too concerned. They can be as bad as having them every two minutes for a while, usually at night! I'd call your dr tomorrow and take it easy tonight. Good luck! (Sorry I'm ranting about my own a bit, but I'm so over them!)

Chasesmum3109
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Oh wow dr told me no sex it can rip the stitches out and actually hurt my df and cut him and infection increases sooo much with them, I would go over that w your dr. because something doesn't seem right. I would be careful.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Yes to sex, no to orgasm... Which isn't a problem for me because it isn't automatic lol...

And I have a sneaking suspicion that I probably should have been told about no ejaculation inside too... I just wasn't thinking and never had it happen this early before, I was surprised to feel that after.

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Idk about the cerclage, but I'd think you would be on pelvic rest with it. I started BH earlier with this pregnancy than my last. This time was 18 weeks and consistently by 20. Water, water, water and add a 400-500mg magnesium supplement if it continues. And up to 4/hr is fine 5+ is when it's time to start to get concerned.
Nolanzo
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:54 AM
I am going to ask And I think I'm going to stop at least until my next prenatal... I really haven't agreed to sex more than 2-3 times during this whole pregnancy and the encounters were very early on... This little girl is kicking my butt and I just haven't felt like it. DH is going nuts at this point and I'm getting tired of the constant requests for oral (and by constant, I'm tAlking 1+ times daily just NO) so I decided to give it a shot... We were very careful to not go too deep so he was hitting my cervix because that hurts, but still.

Thank you for your help, I'm definitely going to check on this. I'm off to bed good night all :)

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Oh wow dr told me no sex it can rip the stitches out and actually hurt my df and cut him and infection increases sooo much with them, I would go over that w your dr. because something doesn't seem right. I would be careful.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

mwangi1989
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Am currently 14 weeks and I think am experiencing them though am not too sure,how exactly do they feel?

Quoting Astrachanca:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)