Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New here with a question about, Tubal Ligation With Clips?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 0 Replies

I had gotten the tubal clips (or clamps) put in after my 4th baby was born. I really didn't want to but I had scar tissue from my last pregnancies so I was worried that if I got pregnant for the 5th time that it would be a bad idea. It turned out that not long after I had my baby that the doctor told me that there was no new scar tissue, so I honesty was bothered by that since I didn't have to get fixed since there was no extra scar tissue.
My doctor did tell me that I can get it reversed since it is only clamped and not cut (I was suppose to get cut, tied and burned, but I had Enlarged blood vessels in my fallopian tubes and he didn't want to risk lots of bleeding, so he only clamped).
I did talk to my doctor about the clamps and what not, but what from what he told me was not much of anything because I was the 40 something women that he put the clamps on because they were newer kinds than the older ones, so needless to say I felt like a test subject lol.
I have been researching a lot, but cant find much, I am mainly finding info about different kinds of clamps/clips and most that are cut and mine wasn't cut. Even if I do get them taken off, it wont be for another 3-5 more years though. It is true, " if your not 100% about getting fixed then Never do it"!
No matter what the out come and even if I get them reversed, I will be happy and blessed no matter how it turns out because I have 4 wonderful boys that I am More than proud of.

Well, my question is....
Has anyone ever gotten pregnant after getting the clamps taken off?

-any info would be great-

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)