Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Kids in the room?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 42 Replies

So, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Kim! My husband and I are 20, we have a 20 month old son named Joey, and I am 21 weeks pregnant with a little girl! She is also our last! :)
My husband is in the Military and set to deploy very soon! So he will not be here for the birth. We are in NY and all of our family is in GA. My mom and mother in law both said they will be flying up for the birth! Which Im very happy about!
My problem is I don't have anyone to watch my son, that I trust. My mom is the only one I trust to watch him, but I need her helping me with labor and a few things right after she is born.
I do have a few friends here but none Im comfortable watching Joey, and my mother in law... Well she's not good with kids (DH was an only child). Plus, I want a ton of people in the room with me! I want a party! :) When Joey was born it was just my husband and I, so now I want to share that experience with friends and family! 

So, now I'm thinking of having my son in the room for the birth. I labored fast with him (got to the hospital at 5cm and was 8cm 30 mins later no epi, and then 4 hours later he was born!) so it hopefully won't take too long, lol.
Have any of you had your other kids in the room during a birth? How did it go?

**Yes the hospital will allow him there. I'll be talking to my friend Hannah today to see what she thinks of the idea of watching Joey for me, and I'll pay her. Shes great with him and the only one besides DH and my mom that I trust. 

Thanks for listening!<3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Your hospital may not allow that.

I had a homebirth last time and will this time and my kids will be here with me.

I had no issues with it last time. My oldest was fascinated by the whole thing and very excited to be able to meet his baby sister immediately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BLinny
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Yes some hospitals will allow children in the room as all my friends kids were and my 8 year old will be when I have this baby in April

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I had a homebirth last time and will this time and my kids will be here with me.

I had no issues with it last time. My oldest was fascinated by the whole thing and very excited to be able to meet his baby sister immediately.

RheaF
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Personally, I would not want my children in the room while I gave birth. I need to be focused and I can't be if I have to worry about what my child is doing or getting into, etc.

iluvPrestonG
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Shoot take him with you and pack him a bag of goodies. Do y'all have an iPad??
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
my dh missed our first so with our second it was just dh and i ds was almost 5. If either really wanted to be in the room i would let them. Id prepare them before though. Just see if you hospital allows it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM
That's why I said they may not allow it, not that all hospitals don't let kids in.

It would kind of such though if she just assumed it would be allowed and then show up in labor and be told otherwise.

Quoting Mommy2BLinny:

Yes some hospitals will allow children in the room as all my friends kids were and my 8 year old will be when I have this baby in April

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Byrd15
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

A home birth isnt an option for me at all.

My hospital will allow as many people as I want, and anyone I want. :)

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Byrd15
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

We have a tablet but my husband will be taking it with him when he deploys. My mom got him a Leap Pad thing for Christmas but he's still a little young for it... 

Quoting iluvPrestonG:

Shoot take him with you and pack him a bag of goodies. Do y'all have an iPad??

Byrd15
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I thought to ask at my last appointment. I'm not that stupid. ;) 

Quoting JadeTigr7:

That's why I said they may not allow it, not that all hospitals don't let kids in.

It would kind of such though if she just assumed it would be allowed and then show up in labor and be told otherwise.

Quoting Mommy2BLinny:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

iluvPrestonG
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I
Would try a little DVD player or something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN