Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

yeast infection or not?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
Did anyone else have what seems to be a yeast infection as an early symptom of pregnancy? I have every other classic symptom but now this. If it is a symptom do I treat it or will it go away?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM
treat it. You can use an OTC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Treat it. I would personally use whole peeled garlic cloves and follow that with some unflavored yogurt. They work and won't have potential to harm baby like OTC meds.
baby6surprise
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM
At this point I've tried everything. I went last night to get the unflavored unsweetened yogurt but I can't find it. Walmart had unflavored but it has sugar in it and the internet says not to use that. What kind did u use?
southernbelletx
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Why not call your dr? I'd rather find out for sure. It may just be increased preg discharge. Is there it hung and burning?
BabieBeat
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Don't ever hesitate to call your doctor, midwife or health care team with any questions or concerns you may have or comments you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And always ~ and trust your gut...xo
baby6surprise
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I used Monistat and ended up with a reaction that resulted in chemical Burns. I swear that stuff is poison! I have been taking large doses of garlic and acidopolis and I seem to be on the mend. Thanks for the advice ladies!
mommaslilmen
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM

i have to use diflucan (which means talking to my dr), otc either doesnt work, or i have an allergic reaction to it

avaana06
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I use a probiotic every day and that helps A TON! I thought I was getting one with this pregnancy, but it was gone before the symptoms got bad. My biggest piece of advice for people is take probiotics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)