Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Positive blood pregnancy test??? +6???

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 33 Replies

I have a member of my family who claims she is a virgin, but they told her today she was pregnant and im confused on exactly what the test meant when it said +6? It was a blood test done at the hospital btw..  They told her she is pregnant but what kind of test did she take?  She is trying to say shes a virgin and it a tumor....anyone who can clear this test up for me would be appreciated!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

She probably had her blood drawn at the hospital, but I don't know what +6 is. I've NEVER heard of that. 

You don't get a positive test without being pregnant except for very rare illnesses (certain cancers). 

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM

+6....not sure. I know there are two different types of blood tests. Also I just saw recently a pee test that says weeks and days or something on it. I don't know how she is pregnant and a virgin either.

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Tell them that she needs an ultra sound to see if it is a baby or a tumor.

ElliesMommyy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Weird! I have no idea, that's crazy though.

Roe1993
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

If the hospital took a test and says she is pregnant, she's probably not a virgin. Just saying.

CafeMom Tickers
Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Its's not a baby... It's a tuuuumor. I love Hellboy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmomma326
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

She is 17 and her parents are church people.  Her grandmother cussed out the doctors when they told her she was pregnant lol

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

+6....not sure. I know there are two different types of blood tests. Also I just saw recently a pee test that says weeks and days or something on it. I don't know how she is pregnant and a virgin either.

Mzwest83
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

wonder if its her hcg levels that are at 6? 

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Now I get why she is a 'virgin' still. Don't want to disappoint her parents and grandmother.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

She is 17 and her parents are church people.  Her grandmother cussed out the doctors when they told her she was pregnant lol

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

BosGirl0906
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I don't know about that. I mean, I have a tumor on my pituitary gland that made my body think it was pregnant. I didn't ovulate or have periods, I even had morning sickness and headaches. But I never got a positive test with it. Not until I got on meds and actually WAS pregnant. Sounds to me like she is jus young and doesn't want to admit that she had sex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)