Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nesting?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I've been on this cleaning frenzy all day. I've washed the baby clothes, scrubbed the bassinet, cleaned my room, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the steps, sterilized the baby bottles, scrubbed all the surfaces... I'm running out of things to do, and I still don't feel like I've done enough, and am ready to start all over. This is nesting, right? Have any of you guys experienced this? How far along were you? How long after you started nesting did you go into labor? This is my first pregnancy, so I'm completely new to everything.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mewebb82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Oh yes. I've always been like that between about 28-36 weeks. Then I got so huge and tired I didn't want to do anything except sit, eat, and sleep. I went 11 days past due date with my first and was induced 5 days early and 2 days early with my 2nd and 3rd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I've been cleaning none stop from 24 weeks lol I'm almost 28 so a longggg time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess21608
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Yes mam! Sounds like me..but its coming in batches like not everyday but there will be times where I get really crazy about cleaning and my hubby thinks Im nuts..now Im so uncomfortable its hard luckily he has been super helpful. I will be 36 weeks on sunday. This is our first baby. I still need to sterilize the bottles. We are also starting the nursery on sunday..my sisters had to move in unexpectedly back in sept so now that they can actually move I finally get to start. We atleast have a bassinette in our room in case we dont get done and he comes early or something.

brittany208
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Very normal!! I'd say I went through it at the end of my second trimster/beginning of the third? the first time around. Right now I'm half way and it hasn't kicked in too bad yet. It has for DH though! HE'S the one bugging ME that we need to get stuff done around here!!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Never had it with my first or second. With my third from 6 months and on I was constantly cleaning and a lot of it was most likely because we were having a home birth.

Victoriaoh
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I didn't nest with my first pregnancy.
lillucky8
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I dont remember how far i was but i always wanted everything clean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM

My first pregnancy, it could be said that I "nested" the entire time :) 

This time, it's off and on.  I'm past 40 weeks right now and the energy ebbs and flows. 

LovinMyBoys0509
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I didn't nest with my sons, but I am with this pregnancy. I'm 38 weeks now and it started about two weeks ago. I cannot stop cleaning and organizing! If the house is completely clean then I find something to rearrange. By the time that's done, my 3 year old has made another mess and I get started on that. My DH is enjoying it since normally I'm quite a slob lol.
ElliesMommyy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I experienced it ALL the time! I started nesting around 30 weeks, and I had my DD at 40 weeks exactly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN