Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overweight and pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post
Is anyone else overweight or obese and pregnant? How are you handling it. I've never been this heavy in my life and I'm scared I'm going to gain a lot of weight..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (61-70):
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I am 228 right now. I have PCOS and the weight gets super hard to lose. I am expecting in May. I actually lose weight when I am pregnant. But as soon as baby is born I get it all back.

I walk as much as possible and with having 2 toddlers in the house, I stay pretty active with them. It really helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

With DS I got pregnant @ 222lbs..... I think I was around 240ish when I gave birth.... My DS is 8mo now and Im 215lbs- I have not started working out. I just breastfeed & am more careful with food.

I had a normal, healthy pregnancy with a midwife & delivered naturally at a birthing center (not connected to a hospital). When you get checked out for stuff. Listen to the numbers-write down your results/ask for a copy & research them at home..

Look up the brewers diet & try to follow it the best you can.. I was not perfect at all. I ate alot of beans & chicken while pregnant & snacked on good stuff more often. Remember you dont have to get FULL every time you get hungry, just a handful of nuts/carrots or other small snack is good. Drink LOTS O LOTS of water! I also ate yogurt daily & peanuts. Try your best to cut out as much soda as possible, and fruit juices. Water should be what you are mainly drinking. My midwife said to eat atleaste 1 salad a day..

Eat 3 good meals a day, with snacking in between.. DO NOT FORGET TO SNACK! And drink your water :P ...

(I gained all my weight with my 1st kid, because every time I was hungry I ate, until I was full. Then I would be hungry in 1hr & eat another MEAL... 2nd time around I knew a lil' better & it went alot better!)

Plus-size-mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I'm obese and 33 weeks pregnant, but I've gotten lucky and haven't gained the first pound. Hoping to shed some of this excess weight once Braylee is born.

MomTimSaria
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Don't be scared just eat right and walk as much as you can.  I am currently 7 months pregnant and I weight 224.  We got pregnant just six months after delivering out baby girl.  I gained 60 pounds during that pregnancy.  I started off at 160 and went to 222.  I weight 209 when I found out I was 2 months pregnant.  I was about to start working out when I found out.  I go to my docotors appointments and everything with this neww baby is fine. I have told my self I can't gain more than 25 pounds.  I am doing very well no high blood pressure, or diabetes. So If I can do it so can you! 

andreasmom02
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I was over weight when I got pregnant with my second child. That pregnancy was a bit of a surprise lol, so I was hoping to be a little smaller when I had my second child. Where I was already over weight, I didn't have to gain as much as I did with my first child, when I was smaller. I think I gained 12-15 lbs. with second baby. She was healthy when born, and I lost all of the weight after having her. I am 5'4, caucasian. I was around 195 lbs when I went in to have her, and now weigh 145 lbs. 4 years later (that's with exercise & watching what I eat though). Good luck, you'll be fine I'm sure momma!

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Here is a bump!

I just want to wish you a healthy pregnacny

ripemango
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM

you may not gain much more weight. seriously, don't take advice from CM w a matter of such importance. you go so much to the doc when pregnant, discuss your concerns w him/her.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

piratepixie
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM

i started out at 219lbs, 222lbs now and im 37 weeks... i was worried about gaining weight but i had been so sick that i couldnt keep anything down for the first 6 months and i simply cant put on anything that will stick now. my doctor has pretty much told me that as long as the baby is growing she isnt worried.

i was 162lbs with my first child and gained 19lbs with him... he turned out to be a 8lbs+ baby

mama2gg
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I am over weight (though I lost 31lb before my BFP)

I am doing great on my weight gain I am not watching my weight in numbers

I am watching what goes into my mouth and how often and how I feel :)

I feel great, weight gain per OB is fab. so I am very happy...Im NOT stressing it AT ALL I found what works for me right before getting pregnant so as soon as I get the clear Ill be losing it again just like before :)

jendawgrox2004
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I was. During my 1st pregnancy, I gained a lot and I had already been overweight to begin with. It scared me, so when I was pregnant with my son, I ate healthy and made sure to walk twice a day every day. I ended up losing weight and I was smaller than I was before I became pregnant. I think you should drink a lot of water, walk at least 1 mile a day and eat healthier during your pregnancy{not necessarily less, but healthier options]. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured