Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need some input LMP VS EDD UPDATE 2/7

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 46 Replies
So this is my 4th child. I have had regular cycles since age 11. My LMP was may 5 2012. I got BFP about 4 weeks later. Called on set up appointment for 12 weeks along. Fast forward to August and go in they can find baby heart beat so the send me for u/s. And low and behold there is the lil bean right in there all fine only they say that my due date is a lil off. I think no biggie. Original due date is/was Feb 6 2013. Based off u/s they put my due date at March 15 2013. That's not a lil off! ? And now as I'm getting towards the end I'm feeling more towards the 36 week mark not 31. I went in to l&d and was having alot of contractions alot! They said its from a uti and sent me home. Now I'm just curious if maybe I should be a lil more on the prepared side and not think I have 8-9 weeks left to get things around. Any past experience or info would be great :-)

UPDATE:

so here it is Feb 7 and I have started some strong regular contractions about 8pm. I'm waiting them out until water breaks or can't contain the pain. I also checked my own cervix and it is all squishy and can fit 2 fingers in. I might add that last week it was so high I cldnt reach it. Soooo now's the fun part. . . Wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lys20613
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Bump
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Ultrasounds esp past the first few weeks are often off. I was told late august with ds then it changed to the 12th he was born the 4th and over 10lbs... dd they said mid july, I had a feeling sometime June she was "4weeks early" but 7lbs and healthy.... be prepared now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

weird o_O that could really complicate things if you go into real labor and they think your preterm and try and stop the labor. How are your measurements? Are they happy with your growth?

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM

exactly. I had my second dd, 2 weeks 'late' she was really only 38 weeks along when she came out. I didn't feel like i was '42' i knew it;d be longer. sometimes moms just know!

Quoting lilmama8408:

Ultrasounds esp past the first few weeks are often off. I was told late august with ds then it changed to the 12th he was born the 4th and over 10lbs... dd they said mid july, I had a feeling sometime June she was "4weeks early" but 7lbs and healthy.... be prepared now.

lys20613
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I really haven't asked my measurements they just say my that they are great. I haven't had an u/s since begging Oct.
lys20613
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
My other question is if its TRUE labor will they still be able to stop it or no BC when baby is ready he is ready? ?
Devious103102
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Have they done a recent u/s to check on the growth/development? Esp seeing as there's such a big diff in the dates?  Good luck gir.

lys20613
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Reply above

Quoting lifeforchrist:

weird o_O that could really complicate things if you go into real labor and they think your preterm and try and stop the labor. How are your measurements? Are they happy with your growth?

lys20613
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Beginning *
lys20613
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Might I add we were ttc so I know my cycle is not off and knew when I concieved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN