Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gestational Diabetes with some pregnancies and not others?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone here had Gestational Diabetes with one pregnancy, but not a later pregnancy?

I didn't have GD with my first, but I developed it with my 2nd. My sugars never got too high-- I think my highest was around 160 an hour after eating a super unhealthy dinner lol. But my son still "suffered" the consequences and was born at almost 9lbs and super chubby! Lol. He also was jaundiced.

I'm a little worried that I will develop GD this pregnancy just because I had it last pregnancy, and I'm the same size. I'm down 15lbs from my previous pregnancy, but I'm the same size as I was when I got pregnant last time. I do have a healthier diet this time (I'm vegan) and plan to maintain it throughout my pregnancy. I will also be trying to stay active through walking and prenatal yoga. But I'm afraid it won't make a difference. 

Anyone have any idea if it's possible for me NOT to get GD with this pregnancy?

*ETA* I had a vaginal birth with DD and a c-section with DS. I would REALLY like to try a VBAC, but I'm worried the GD might interfere again :/ So any stories about VBAC would be helpful, too lol

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
halinichols
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I border line had it with DD, did the nutritional class, diet, and monitored my blood sugars. I was pretty close with DS but my DR saved me the trouble and just told me to cut some sugars out, no biggie!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ariesmommy84
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I had it with my son (almost 6 years old) and didn't have it with my daughter (3 months old) but before I got pregnant with dd I lost 90lbs.
I had csection with both kiddos!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)