Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have a bad experience with vbac?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hoping to have one. Just curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
your_angel
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to have one as well. Ok thinking there are more good experiences with them than bad but I can't say for certain just yet.
My ob says she has never had an issue with her vbac patients except for when they are induced so under no circumstance will I be induced.
Good luck with your vbac!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I think if you only have had a single c section and it is well healed, you will be fine. 8)
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Bump.

Id like to read stories. I had a csection with my first due to size, my doctors where I had my second don't do vbacs and kinda thankful the way my seconds cord was no way would pushing work. But we want a couple more kids in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
There is a VBAC group, most women post the birth stories in there, so I suggest you join that group. I am also trying for a VBAC! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Not sure if this counts as a "bad" experience, but a friend tried and couldn't because the baby was too big to settle fully down - she never dilated past 3 cm even with them breaking her water and giving pitocin because there just wasn't pressure from the baby's head.

But that might have happened even if she were trying to deliver without a previous csection.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Only my nurse's attitude, lol. And I'd had 2 c-sections before my VBAC.

I had a pretty awesome OB. First thing he said to me when we discussed a VBAC was that we better just leave things alone (no induction, etc), because "it tends to work better if we don't screw around with it anyway". LOL. That's when I knew I was in the right office. He should've been a midwife. When I told him that, he responded like it was a compliment, but "there's not much demand for male midwives". LOL.
orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
VBAC candidates are specifically instructed, due to most research pointing to ill-effects, to avoid unnecessary interventions. Her "bad" experience is atypical and sounds like it was doomed from the get-go.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Not sure if this counts as a "bad" experience, but a friend tried and couldn't because the baby was too big to settle fully down - she never dilated past 3 cm even with them breaking her water and giving pitocin because there just wasn't pressure from the baby's head.

But that might have happened even if she were trying to deliver without a previous csection.

yo.momma.
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM

i plan on having a vbac as well im due in march...im working with a midwife but b.c of previous cesetion i did have to see a doc to get clear to do a vbac he was all for it. he told me he has to tell me about the risk which he did but he seemed more enthusied about the benefits from having a vaginal birth oppose to csection and since that one appt i had nothing but support from the staff about going through with it noone has tried to scare me with percentages and dangers/risk which i love about them...so well just see how it goes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured