Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sciatic nerve pain!! ugh!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

ok ladies i need some help please. I woke up today and my left side of my hip and leg are on fire!!! It hurts so bad that i feel like i could cry everytime i move!!! not fun at all!! any suggestions on how to relieve this pain?

I have tried heat, ice, and a maternity belt as well as tylenol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SMDufour
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I have the same issue with this pregnancy. I use heat and stretches ( reverse pigeon) And walking. I find Tylenol does not help me.
Heather2001
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Sublingual B12 and a chiropractor.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Find a good chiropractor asap! Nothing else will give relief. 

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Chiropractor can help with some of the pain, but really.. hate to tell you this, I've found little that makes the pain go all the way away.  I've delt with it through all my pregnancies.  They usually give me a script for loratab, but I don't take it because I dont' feel comfortable taking it during pregnancies, and it makes me sick, and all it does is knock me out.  

Ask your ob about physcial therapy.  

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I agree I would try chiropractor or physical therapist
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM
And I hope you feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Chiropractor and massage therapist, sitting more on a yoga/birthing ball, stretches, ice packs. I have had it with all mine. My second it was the worst and for two weeks(19-20 weeks) I could not move a cm with being in pure pain and crying. At that time I was just seeing a chiropractor. He then also recommended a chiropractor and sure enough with the two of them. It helped a lot. It will not fully go away but they can help lessen. They both showed me the kind of stretches I should do. Feel better!

doulala
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I have never tried those things because the chiro was always able to fix me up immediately--   I can't imagine they would help, it's sooo painful.    I recommend the chiropractor of course, definitely worth it!      
GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)