Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED ADVICE ON THE FLU

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just had a friend that stopped over for about an hour and I had no idea that one of her children had been sick for a few days with a 104 temp. When she was leaving she mentioned that her child had been sick and the fever had just broken yesterday(Sunday) and she sent him back to school today(Monday). My question is should I be concerned about getting the flu I am 20 weeks pregnant and chose not to get the flu shot while pregnant. I have read several articles on the flu about how it is passed through coughing and sneezing and also sometimes by just talking. I am worried about what I need to do is this something I need to contact the doctor over or am I over reacting. She is not sick and her other children are not sick either.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CrunchyBran
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You can safely take 25,000iu/D3 if you do get sick, 10,000iu/day will help prevent.  Elderberry syrup is also safe during pregnancy, and has been found to prevent and kill influenza.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Brilliant!

Quoting CrunchyBran:

You can safely take 25,000iu/D3 if you do get sick, 10,000iu/day will help prevent.  Elderberry syrup is also safe during pregnancy, and has been found to prevent and kill influenza.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Looks like you were given some great advice. I would just wash my hands now after seeing her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stanley8327
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Thanks so much!
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Make sure you wash hands and Lysol anything she was near. GL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)