Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG Help does it ever stop

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so I am 8 weeks and i have been sick since christmas with morning sickness. However, I am beginning to wonder if it really is morning sickness making me throw up constantly or if it is my acid reflux.  I am on Zofran and it works wonders but I still feel sick all day and yesterday I was out of zofran and was sick all day but it wasn't so much morning sickness.  I really think the culprit is acid reflux.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  If so please give me some advice?  I feel like I'm losing it being sick all the time.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Yeah it sucks! There really is nothing you can do. It just comes with the territory. Good news is it usually goes away by second trimester. I'm always dead to the world and then around wk 12 I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. GL! I hope you find relief soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Talk to your doctor about it. They may need to put you on something like zofran to help you stop throwing up so much.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Acid reflux is horrible. You could try Tums or Papaya enzyme.
lil_momma513
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I actually felt my worst at about 8 weeks.. at 10 weeks I started to feel a little better, and by 12-13 weeks I felt almost normal. Every now and again I feel sick but its usually due to something I ate, and not just a constant nagging sick like it was in the beginning!

CafeMom Tickers
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM

So sorry you feel so nasty! :(

punkymommy91
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I would have terrible acid reflux in the begining and middle of my pregnancies. It was always worse at night when I was trying to sleep, and I would actually wake up vomiting from it. With my son, my doctor eventually put me on Zantac. This time though, I've been trying to stay medicine free, and doing more homeopathic remidies. I noticed that as long as I have a couple pillows propping me up while I sleep, it helps.Also trying to be more aware of what I am eating. Obviously eating spicey foods will make it worse, but so can anything with a lot of acidity to it. When it gets really bad, I try to eat a piece of bread to try to absorb some of the acid, and make sure I'm drinking enough water. So far, that had been working.

On another note: According to old wives tales, your baby is going to be born with a full head of hair if you struggle with acid reflux during pregnancy. It was true with my son! Good luck!!

butterflycircle
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I was feeling sick until about 14 weeks. Some women feel sick until they give birth though : (

Hope you start feeling better soon

B1Bomber
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I had all day sickness with both pregnancies until around 15-16 weeks. With my first, the only thing that stayed down was spicy food (Thai curry, anyone?) and ice cream. With my second, I just ate only when I had to. They put me on Zofran with my second, but all it did was stop the puking, not the nauseous feelings.

That's probably not helpful (or hopeful), but the sickness passes for most women with the first trimester. Hope you feel better :)

MariaGentle
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My doctor put me on Zofran as well. It doesn't help at all. She is threatening to put me on the IV if I don't get control over it soon.
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Have you tried Phenergan?

Quoting MariaGentle:

My doctor put me on Zofran as well. It doesn't help at all. She is threatening to put me on the IV if I don't get control over it soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)