Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

36 week appt today! Was suprised...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

So my OB had me get a weight ultrasound on our little guy. He is weighing in at 7 lbs 4 oz so fairly big..she wasnt as worried about that as much as my aminoitc fluid levels. they were at a 7. She said 5 and under and she will have me induced. She put me on a temporary bedrest till friday when I come in again to get them rechecked..so possibly I could have a baby this weekend...I was in shock...my baby shower is Sat morning lol. We shall see what happens but I was totally in shock...when my OB said we might be having a baby my hubby was like..wait..what...when!? Reality check! She said she would be suprised if I make it till the 4th of Feb. My EDD is Feb 10th. He is still head down and my ultrasound tech was funny she was liike man he is sitting so low in their..had to take several measurements of his head cause he was just that low..she was like I bet you have to go to the bathroom alot..I told her just standing up makes me rush to the bathroom. Oh and I have already lost my mucus plug or pretty much all of it. So many emotions!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chi_moma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow exciting!!! Lol my last baby was so low the doctors and u/s techs kept asking if her head was coming out lol well if you do end up having your baby the weekend, good luck! :)

clowery
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!! Bet ur excited if u do have the baby before hw baby shower think of it as celebrating the baby's homecoming so to say or say. Good luck!! And enjoy ur lil bundles of joy:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
avaana06
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Shocking is right! I guess I would plan on my shower, but let everyone know that if you dont make it until then you could maybe have a welcome home/baby shower  later. I would be so excited to have that baby, though!!

Jess21608
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies! It still sinking in. I just want him to be healthy and happy and ready to come, Im glad that Im almost considered full term I will be this coming sunday so I pray if he does decide to make his debut that his lungs will be ready and for a smooth and safe delivery! And its hilarious cause we have family coming from out of state on thurs to be at my baby shower haha so I guess it would be fun to have it at the hospital instead!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
ggood luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine heard the same thing "I'd be surprised if you make it to your due date."  (Her OB was telling her this 4 weeks ahead of her due date. )

She went a week late.  

She was dilated and effaced and baby was down....labor didn't start until the night before 41 weeks (when she was scheduled to be induced.)  

Jess21608
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting anxiousschk:

A friend of mine heard the same thing "I'd be surprised if you make it to your due date."  (Her OB was telling her this 4 weeks ahead of her due date. )

She went a week late.  

She was dilated and effaced and baby was down....labor didn't start until the night before 41 weeks (when she was scheduled to be induced.)  

Lol I guess we shall see..its all a waiting game at this point. Im going into it with the possiblity of having a baby this weekend but whatever happens happens. This is the first time my OB has said that to me about coming earlier then my due date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)