Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after preemie

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've been a member of this group since my second pregnancy (first ended in miscarriage) and got a positive poas today. My mind is filled with so many emotions! My second pregnancy was awful. I was on a progesterone vaginal suppository for the first trimester due to low levels. I was emotionally imbalanced. I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks and was on terbutaline until 35 weeks when the baby suddenly stopped moving as much, almost entirely. Went to l&d where they found his heart rate was dropping to 50 beats per minute. I was rushed back to the or where i had an emergency c section. The anesthesiologist didn't arrive in time, so I was given a minor amount of a mild local anesthesia (lidocaine) on my abdomen, and the surgery was performed while I was awake, conscious, and fully aware of all pain. The anesthesiologist then arrived to put me under after my son had been born.
My son was 5 weeks premature and was unable to breathe room air, had heart arrhythmias, and was sent an hour away to a NICU where he stayed for for 11 days for various reasons (jaundice, eating, weight gain, apneas, failed car seat test, pac's, etc). He came home on a heart monitor, had inguinal hernia surgery at a month old... He is now healthy, big, smart, and (in my opinion) perfect!

Needless to say, I am overwhelmed with contradicting feelings. Hope, excitement, fear, worry, etc. I long for a normal pregnancy with a normal birth... But the fear throughout is going to be tremendous! I just wanted to share... :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
avulgamo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

My son when he was born. He was 2 hours old when I saw him for The first time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avulgamo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM

My son now at 2 years 2 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avulgamo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM

And my poas today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
excitedmama2013
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

he is adorable here. im sorry you had such a worrysome pregnancy. i to am having a difficult pregnancy. not nearly as worrysome as you. but i worry because this is my first pregnancy im 27 weeks thursday, and i dont feel her move like i used to. it seems that maybe she has shifted? and i feel her more internally. like i dont feel her as much when i put my hand on my tummy. idk what to think about that. im glad he's one healthy baby!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)