Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange pains. Please help.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm 32 weeks tomorrow.

This evening, I was totally fine. About an hour ago, I walked into the kitchen and had this very sharp pain in my lower left pubic area - kinda close to where my pelvic bone is. I went and sat down in the living room and the sharp pain has now moved to my lower left back and I'm having contractions. I was going to time them, but figured it would be pointless. I'm sure I'm not in labor, but idk what is going on.

Has anybody else had anything like this? Should I be concerned?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Heather2001
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Are you fully hydrated?  Could it be a UTI?

MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I don't think it's a UTI. I don't have any of the symptoms I've had before with a UTI. I've been drinking lots of water, too.

Quoting Heather2001:

Are you fully hydrated?  Could it be a UTI?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Maybe you should try timing them to see?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Could just be ligamints pulling.  I'd just take it easy the rest of the night and don't overdo it.  Hope you feel better tomorrow, hun!

kristyp.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. I've been getting all kinds of strange aches and actual sharp pains on my side. I.Figure everything is all cramped up in there stuff is bound to hurt.
Mommamaxwell
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I'm 32 weeks too and I have sharp pains like that and my dr told me it was ligament pulling to take it easy. So I would try that and call your dr.  In the morning if your not better

MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Thankfully the pain went away about an hour after I went to bed. It just scared me because the contractions were so painful. I tend to kinda freak out over little things when I'm pregnant, so my mind was racing. I was thinking I was going into labor. Lol.

Quoting Mommamaxwell:

I'm 32 weeks too and I have sharp pains like that and my dr told me it was ligament pulling to take it easy. So I would try that and call your dr.  In the morning if your not better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemygage
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Round ligament pain hurts!! Its just a sharp pain you can pinpoint. I'm 39 weeks and still getting them all the time. The only relief I get is from a heating pad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I've been getting the round ligament pain for weeks. This pain was different. I usually get the ligament pain when I stand up and it is like a sharp pulling feeling. When I got this pain last night, I freaked out because I immediately started having contractions. And the ligament pain has never been so bad as to stop me in my tracks and bring tears to my eyes. Lol. Dh was quite freaked out.

Quoting lovemygage:

Round ligament pain hurts!! Its just a sharp pain you can pinpoint. I'm 39 weeks and still getting them all the time. The only relief I get is from a heating pad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)