Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Do You Think???

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, so I am 22 weeks 3 days with b/g twins. This is my 4th pregnancy. I have had 3 previous normal vaginal deliveries. My OB said that it is highly possibly that I could deliver vaginally with the twins as well. But I am getting a tubal this time. I am already NERVOUS about that!! Have any of you had a vaginal delivery and then get the tubal after delivery? Or should I just schedule a c-section anyway and do the tubal that way? I am so confused and nervous about all of this!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd definitely go for the vaginal birth, tubal or not!  The recovery time is so much shorter!

doulala
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Wow a cesarean is really risky for you and the babies.   
When health & safety are the priority, save big risks like that for a true need--
A tubal can be done later, you can avoid so much risk.

GL and congrats!
:-)

kimbral3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM

That was my exact thoughts, but I also have a fear about the tubal. I just figured it may be easier to just go ahead and get the c-section. But I am also TERRIFIED of being cut open too! :/

Quoting Heather2001:

I'd definitely go for the vaginal birth, tubal or not!  The recovery time is so much shorter!

doulala
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Heather2001:

yah, and safer!!

;-)

doulala
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM

"Easy" and "better" are opinion words that only you can use for yourself.    ;-)
Convenience is a priority for some moms.

Quoting kimbral3:

That was my exact thoughts, but I also have a fear about the tubal. I just figured it may be easier to just go ahead and get the c-section. But I am also TERRIFIED of being cut open too! :/

Izzy_pop
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

My ob does tuble laproscopically maybe you could discuss that with your ob. Alot less invasive they just make tine 1/2" slits and do it that way.

Quoting kimbral3:

Quoting Heather2001:

kimbral3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I could handle that! :) Thanks!

Quoting Izzy_pop:

My ob does tuble laproscopically maybe you could discuss that with your ob. Alot less invasive they just make tine 1/2" slits and do it that way.

Quoting kimbral3:

Quoting Heather2001:

Mommamaxwell
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I have never had a c section or a tubal but I am scheduled for an induction for a vaginal delivery and six weeks later I am going in for my tubal. My doc. Recommend it that way so that he could make sure that my insides healed properly.

muchlovedby4
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I'm having a tubal this time also. I will deliver vaginally, heaven willing, and they will do my tubal right at the 6 wk mark. It's being done laproscopically- 3 tiny incisions n done.

Alot of drs only do them laproscopically now, to ensure quicker recovery for momma and less risk of infection. Definitely talk to your OB/MW about this option.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I've had 2 c-sections so I don't know what a vaginal birth is like, but I would assume that getting your tubes tied is less invasive than a c-section. My best friend delivered her twin girls vaginally 6 months ago, 6 minutes apart.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)