Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

10 Weeks 1Day No Heartbeat

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today I went for my second appointment and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it. I wanted to see if anyone else was in the same situation as I am at the moment.

When my doctor did the doppler she couldn't find a heart beat. I instantly thought of the worse and broke down crying. We've been trying for over a year and I just don't want this to be ripped away from me. She said it was nothing to worry about. That at ten weeks and not hearing a heartbeat was normal because of the way the uterus is positioned. She told me to come back in a week and she promises there will be something, if not then they would do an ultrasound.

I haven't had any pain what so ever nor have I had any spotting. I can still feel the flutter, but I don't know. Just praying for something positve.

***UPDATE*** Today I went back for another appointment with my doctor. They did the doppler once again and was able to get a heartbeat. ^^ Baby is doing fantastic. Thanks for the support everyone, it helped me get through the long week.
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Bump and here's some prayers btw your very pretty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bshoemaker
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I think that is pretty common. Sometimes the baby is positioned funny and it is hard to get a reading when they are that tiny. I didn't start getting really good readings till around 12w.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

its pretty common on a doppler this early to not be able to hear baby... I wouldn't worry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
mommy2lexinmark
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
At 16weeks we still couldn't get the hb on doppler this time! But after an us we saw baby was fine!
A lot of drs won't even attempt to get the hb on the doppler til at least 12 weeks for this reason
Gl and try not to worry!
egyptian_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM
10 weeks is early for doppler. Don't panic Mama, it's probably just too soon.
prenatalRN
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

10 weeks is still very early to hear a heart beat on doppler. Baby is most likely still too small and your uterus not big enough to find your LO. I can't imagine how difficult it must be but try to hold out until your next visit. One week can make a big difference. Sending positive thoughts your way

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

If they couldn't find it with the doppler then I wouldn't worry about it. Most doctor offices refuse to check before 12 weeks, because your uterus (on average) doesnt rise above your pubic bone until 12 weeks. 

sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM
It's pretty common, I didn't hear my daughters til 13 weeks at a ultrasound, to determine how far along I was.
juniebug11
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM
They didn't hear my baby's heartbeat on a Doppler untill I was like 12 weeks, or so. I was worried for nothing.

I'm sure it's fine :)
kbear1992
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I had to wait til 13 weeks to hear baby on the Doppler they tried at 10 with me too but nothing wasbthete and I got so upset as well. But no worries :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN