Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am already 100% sure we are naming our son Vladimir Carlisle but I want to know what some of you think about the name (i didnt know where to put this)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Meaning & History of Vladimir
Means "to rule with greatness", derived from the Slavic element volod "rule" combined with mer "great, famous". The second element has also been associated with mir meaning "peace" or "world". This was the name of an 11th-century Grand Prince of Kiev who is venerated as a saint because of his efforts to Christianize Russia. It was also borne by the founder of the former Soviet state, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (1870-1924).

Meaning of Carlisle

English Meaning: 
The name Carlisle is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Carlisle is: From the protected tower; from the walled city.

Shakespearean Meaning: 
The name Carlisle is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Carlisle is: King Richard The Second' Bishop of Carlisle.

Quoting Mommyagain39:

what does it mean??? I am bigger on the meaning then the sound.  

tjane3000
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I love Carlisle. It was my great grandfathers name. I don't like Vladimir. I like original names as well though. When I named my son Paxton I got a lot of flack for it. Honestly the more people didn't like it, the more I did. That way I knew he wasn't going to graduate with 4 others in his class with the same name. Now it's become more popular. Your opinion is all that matters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I LOVE IT. Will you help me name the baby in my belly??!! :P My youngest is Ambrosia Faye. Thank you for having the guts to do it! That's so amazing. Not many people have that.

VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I LOVE IT. Will you help me name the baby in my belly??!! :P My youngest is Ambrosia Faye. Thank you for having the guts to do it! That's so amazing. Not many people have that.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM

It's not my style but I do think it flows well together. :-)

FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

No, we don't find out until birth. We have a girl name, Onyx Andromeda. We just can't decide on a boy name. Hubby loves Vincent. I'm trying to like it. He says if we name him Vincent I can have my way for his middle name, so his name would be Vincent Alastair. Honestly, what do you think? Both boy & girl name.

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Quoting FelixFelicis:

VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Alistair was on our baby name list  I like the name Vincent, Vincent Alistair flows well to me but if you don't like the name I wouldn't use it 

Here are some names to go with Alistair

James

Liam

Benjamin 

Gregory 

If those dont help I could think of more

Quoting FelixFelicis:

No, we don't find out until birth. We have a girl name, Onyx Andromeda. We just can't decide on a boy name. Hubby loves Vincent. I'm trying to like it. He says if we name him Vincent I can have my way for his middle name, so his name would be Vincent Alastair. Honestly, what do you think? Both boy & girl name.

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Quoting FelixFelicis:

OneDay.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I love Alastair.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Quoting FelixFelicis:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kristyp.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Its ok :) mine boy will be named taber
FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I love Benjamin Alastair but I'm only "allowed" Alastair if he gets Vincent, lol. He doesn't like Alastair, but it's my absolute favorite. I think it's a fair enough compromise but I'm wondering if I'll regret it later. Our other options are Eros and Emris but we don't have middle names for those.

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Alistair was on our baby name list  I like the name Vincent, Vincent Alistair flows well to me but if you don't like the name I wouldn't use it 

Here are some names to go with Alistair

James

Liam

Benjamin 

Gregory 

If those dont help I could think of more

Quoting FelixFelicis:

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Quoting FelixFelicis:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)