Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am already 100% sure we are naming our son Vladimir Carlisle but I want to know what some of you think about the name (i didnt know where to put this)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Replies (41-48):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I think Carlisle Vladimir flows better...but that's my only gripe. I like both names, though Valdimir conjures images of hockey players in my mind, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Emris Anthony 

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I love Benjamin Alastair but I'm only "allowed" Alastair if he gets Vincent, lol. He doesn't like Alastair, but it's my absolute favorite. I think it's a fair enough compromise but I'm wondering if I'll regret it later. Our other options are Eros and Emris but we don't have middle names for those.

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Alistair was on our baby name list  I like the name Vincent, Vincent Alistair flows well to me but if you don't like the name I wouldn't use it 

Here are some names to go with Alistair

James

Liam

Benjamin 

Gregory 

If those dont help I could think of more

Quoting FelixFelicis:

No, we don't find out until birth. We have a girl name, Onyx Andromeda. We just can't decide on a boy name. Hubby loves Vincent. I'm trying to like it. He says if we name him Vincent I can have my way for his middle name, so his name would be Vincent Alastair. Honestly, what do you think? Both boy & girl name.

Quoting VladimirsMama:

Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I LOVE IT. Will you help me name the baby in my belly??!! :P My youngest is Ambrosia Faye. Thank you for having the guts to do it! That's so amazing. Not many people have that.

NikkiL
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Whatever you like is all that matters. Makes me think of the saying " im outta here like vladamir" I say that all the time. lol

blessedbyGod141
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate it, but its your choice : ) your baby
happy197
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Simply Russian style.I prefer something uniq
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I see nothing wrong with the names you picked they are different and cute !

Quoting first.time.momy:

I don't like it at all but thats just my opinion. But people don't like the names we have come up with for our twins. Which are Lennon Jade and Kendall but we haven't come up with middle name to go with Kendall yet.

jessymoka
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
It blows my mind how rudely opinionated some of the moms are in here.
I have seen so many insane names in cafe mom, like wtf were you thinking names, and people naming their kids after fruit, or the newer name that makes me go, wha?! Casein, seriously your naming your kid after the protein in milk, will your next baby be Whey?

I don't think there is anything wrong with Vladimir. I think in the states it is extremely original, i've not met any other Vladimir's ever... and its a real name. I also think it is a really, really strong name... I also like the meaning behind it. In addition I think that to ignore every ones opinions takes a strong mom, your son is going to have an awesome biggest fan in you! Some moms are easily swayed and bullied, but I can see you won't take any crap when it comes to your child and you as his mom knowing what's best for him.

Best wishes to you, Vladimir and your family. :0)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Thanks ! I do not take crap when it comes to my child, we are also trying to adopt from a family member and are picking names for her people have gave me crap with those names but I didnt take anyones crap :)

Quoting jessymoka:

It blows my mind how rudely opinionated some of the moms are in here.
I have seen so many insane names in cafe mom, like wtf were you thinking names, and people naming their kids after fruit, or the newer name that makes me go, wha?! Casein, seriously your naming your kid after the protein in milk, will your next baby be Whey?

I don't think there is anything wrong with Vladimir. I think in the states it is extremely original, i've not met any other Vladimir's ever... and its a real name. I also think it is a really, really strong name... I also like the meaning behind it. In addition I think that to ignore every ones opinions takes a strong mom, your son is going to have an awesome biggest fan in you! Some moms are easily swayed and bullied, but I can see you won't take any crap when it comes to your child and you as his mom knowing what's best for him.

Best wishes to you, Vladimir and your family. :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured