Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many baby showers should a mom have?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think it's ok to have a baby shower for every pregnancy?  How many baby showers have you had?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM
in my family we only have a shower for the first baby unless #1 and #2 are more than like 5 or 6 years apart. i want to have a little welcoming party for this baby before he/she is born but no gifts since my son will only be 2 when this one comes and we have too much stuff already!!
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I had 2 baby showers, and a sprinkle with my 3rd.

My first baby was a boy, and one of my friends voluteered to throw it for me.  Then when I got pregnant again, not too long after I had my son my children's godmother wanted to throw me a shower because I was having a girl and had nothing but boy things.  

My sprinkle was thrown by my aunt, very last minute with my church family.

I'm on pregnancy #5 and those are the only ones I've had.  Plenty of people buy clothes and stuff though for my kids, so I usually don't have to worry about having anything. 

1st_time_mom789
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I don't have a preference. I had two when I was pregnant with DD. One was a surprise and it was for DF's family in south jersey who couldn't make it to the one I knew about. My mom had two. One when she was pregnant with me and one when she was pregnant with my brother. We are her only children.

Aubs1990
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I had just one with my first Pregnancy. I was also raised in a Family where they only believed you should have a Shower for your first Child and that's it. I honestly don't know anyone who has a Shower for every Child.

RedheadMama18
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I didn't have a baby shower for my DD.  I'm having one this Saturday for baby #2 though so I will have one at least.

lillucky8
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I have two kids and i had two parties :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erica_Smerica
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I think it depends on where you live. Here we do one for every baby. But it seems to be switching to a "sprinkle" instead of a shower for 2nd pregnancies. So smaller gifts and diapers are more common. 

TLQSlovesME
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM
as many as the mother wants. if she gets pregnant 3 times and wants 3 showers, go for it.
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I had one with my DD and my DS, my third child, another boy, we had everything we needed and no shower. If we have a girl this time, we will have a shower. We might even have a shower if its a boy since we sold all of our baby items. Why should one baby be more special and more celebrated than another? In my opinion

gizmo538
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it.  

I wish that I had been fortunate enough to have a shower with each pregnancy. When my second DD was born, there was a lot I needed that I ended up having to do without. It wasn't all bad though, our church helped us out and whatever else we needed we got second hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN