Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many baby showers should a mom have?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think it's ok to have a baby shower for every pregnancy?  How many baby showers have you had?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
AmericanChild82
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

We are on baby # 3 and will have a shower for this one. My youngest is 9 years old so we have NOTHING left of baby stuff.

hiswife11
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I had a shower with my first son, he is now 6 years old. With my second son I didn't get one but my mil was "planing" one (I don't believe she was) and my son came 3 weeks early so supposedly she canceled it. I am now expecting my first girl so I'm deffenitlly planing my own shower this time. But IMO I think every baby should have a shower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I agree with you.

Quoting livingrlovesong:

I had one with my DD and my DS, my third child, another boy, we had everything we needed and no shower. If we have a girl this time, we will have a shower. We might even have a shower if its a boy since we sold all of our baby items. Why should one baby be more special and more celebrated than another? In my opinion

SaraLovesEli29
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM
On my second baby, and my mom is throwing me a shower, next month. She threw one for my son as well.I don't see the big deal with having one for each of your kids.
cbell918
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I was going to say 1 depending on the circumstances. In this case I def understand having showers for all 3.

I am currently pregnant with my 2nd ds, ds#1 is only 2 so we will not be having a shower. But if we were to be having a girl then we probably would've had another shower. Or if ds was a few years older.

Quoting lextjmom0709:

On baby #3 having my 3rd shower. My first was with my oldest dd who is almost 6 then i had my ds so i needed different things and now im pregnant with another dd and have no girl items except what i bought which is all the big items
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM

One, I had one shower, with my first birth. Where I live it's seen as very greedy and trashy to have multiple baby showers. The way it's seen here is if you had your kid years later or its a different gender, don't say "well, I'll have another shower, I need new things", go buy new things, people were already generous once. Some times families here have a party for the baby, for everyone to meet the baby, and gifts aren't expected. A lot of people still bring gifts, but they aren't expected and no one is seen as rude if they don't bring one.

mommyof2kids306
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM
As many as the mom wants. I will be having one with this baby and its number 3.

Quoting annaica:

Do you think it's ok to have a baby shower for every pregnancy?  How many baby showers have you had?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Really it is up to each person.

For me I  had one with my first and not with any of my other children. There was no reason to at all.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I've had one for each child and have one coming up in Feb. This is my 4th. I have not asked, people have offered. This last shower will be really small and intimate though. Only immediate family and a few close friends are invited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I had two showers with my first and none with my second, then one with my third. I tried to say no to having one this time but its hubby's first baby and his mom really wanted to throw one and I finally decided to just let her. With my first, I had a family shower and also a friends and moms-friends shower thrown by my mom's coworker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)