Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many baby showers should a mom have?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think it's ok to have a baby shower for every pregnancy?  How many baby showers have you had?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (31-37):
mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Im going through this right now! My family doesnt think its right to have more than 1 baby shower... I guess there is some kind of rule out there that I have never heard of! I think its pretty ridiculous! Why celebrate one baby but not the others? So I wont get a baby shower this time around unless I throw it myself.... So i decided to do a meet the baby shower :)

But my next pregnancy, Im going to plan ahead and start saving now! So i can throw my own :)

soaringflutes
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I think you should have as many as people want to throw for you.  I think that if people think they are tacky, then they shouldn't go to them.  If someone wants to throw one for you, it would be inconsiderate not to let them.  Most people really enjoy doing good things for others.

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I am having my 5th baby and this will be my 3rd shower - my mom had one for me with my first pregnancy, we didn't have one for our 2nd, and then we did have one with the twins. And we're having one for this baby.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

SkylarBeth
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I think every baby deserves a party, maybe its not a "shower" but a diaper party, a baby wish party, or a naming ceremony. My very first shower is on January 26th, but I have thrown dozens and dozens of baby parties for other women. 

mrsniebo
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I have no problem with people wanting to celebrate a new life, but I only had a shower for DD (my first). We're having a boy this time around, but with it being winter, I don't expect family to want to travel from out of town and we don't have too many friends locally.

teagsmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I have had two babies and two showers. This is baby #3 first girl and there is a "surprise" shower in the works that I'm not suppose to know about ;) Every baby deserves to be celebrated and no one finds it "tacky" or "trashy" when you have birthday parties every year for each child I'm not sure how this is any different. I have not planned any of my showers myself and feel that it would be extremely rude if someone wanted to plan one and I told them no. 

Forever.pink
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I plan on having one every pregnancy :)  Every baby needs to be celebrated! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)