Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Signs of labor?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I went to the doctor at 32 weeks pregnant with some slight stomach pains. Was then told that I was dilated to 1.5 cm. They monitored me for contractions for an hour and sent me home with nothing. For the past 2 weeks (putting me at 34 weeks 4 days) I've been experiencing some pains in my vagina area. Sharp shooting ones, especially when walking. I've been told this could be signs of dialation. If I'm dilating more and I have been already since 32 weeks could I go into labor soon? Pretty sure I've seen some of my mucus plug already too. Please help. Should I be ready for this baby soon? Thank you mommas! fingers crossed 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Randi02
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Not necessarily.

I got steroids shots for the lungs at 29-30 weeks, as well as medications to stop contractions. I was 2.5 cm dilated.

I have been having those stabbing cervix pains for weeks. My baby is low down, and when I walk around, or she moves, I can feel it. I'm still having regular contractions, but not progressing. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmomma13
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Ugh I feel you! I just want this baby to be here already! I know that's selfish considering I need to wait to carry to full term for a healthy baby but man this process is so exhausting! I felt that I was having somewhat of contractions the other night but nothing consistant just pains here and there. Oh well, hope this process speeds up soon. Good luck to you and a healthy and safe delivery of your baby!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You never know. It could be weeks or a week. You can have those sharp pains for a long time. Some women walk around at 3cm or more for weeks or months. You mucus plug can regenerate so that does not tell  you anything either.

Cynthje
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Not really, i think those are normal for the last part of pregancy, i had them with both kids for a long time and both were 39 weekers (natural)

MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Some women lose that mucus plug first and then things start to progress from there. the sharp pain could be just the baby putting pressure on nerves, if its dilation it would be lots of presure and pain. When I felt my cervix dilate I felt like my vagina lips were just throbbing and that was even when I sat down and sure enough I was dilating slow and steady. Just remember every pregnancy is different and every women is different. If you feel you need to be ready for baby early then plan it that way just incase but also expect to last to full term. 

ShesALady
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I'm 38 weeks and been feeling pains in my vag for a while now. I also have really intense Braxton Hicks that put a lot of pressure on my cervix since about 32 weeks. Last week I was only 2cm. For me it's just normal pregnancy pains. For you I don't know. Since you're only 34 weeks I would think just normal pains but if you think it's labor I'd go in because baby won't be ready that early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)