Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is he done baking yet???

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm 37 wks and some odd days and I'm starting to get antsy... at first i wanted to hold off on delivering for as long as i could because i didn't feel ready. my delivery with my first almost 8 years ago was not exactly what i expected and recovery was hell for both of us. i really didn't want to relive that again, but now i really just want things to be over with. i mean i am happy that i finely stopped getting sick every morning and after almost every meal but it took 8+ months to get here. so i am only now just getting to enjoy being pregnant but at this point i am just so tired that i don't really even care anymore... my long awaited and over due baby shower is this weekend and my sister will be in town so i am really hoping that this baby decided to come then. i know its his choice for the most part but I'm really hoping that its this weekend.  i know my doctor says i still have 2 weeks and seeing that i haven't even started to dilate i know I'm probably just wishing for something that isn't going to happen. but i can still hope that it will!

is there anyone else in the same boat?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM

just because you havnt dilated at all yet doesnt matter, my sisters were both just pregnant at arouns 37 weeks one was dilated 3cm, and the other wasnt at all... the one that wasnt at all delivered at 38 weeks, and the one that was 3cm , and her doctor was so sure she would be early , was induced at 41 weeks 1 day.... be patiant and just walk and walk, try doing some prenatal yoga stretch or going on walks a lot to pass time, and get your body ready... good luck! =]

sassysuie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I'm only 29 weeks so I'm not ready...

FrancineSmith
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I'm the opposite! I want to make it to 41w5d so I can have a May baby, instead of April lol.

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'm praying ill go to my due date so that my husband will be home on leave and I can spend a few days with home before we have a new one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'm praying ill go to my due date so that my husband will be home on leave and I can spend a few days with home before we have a new one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Try using nipple stimulation like pumping milk or something that will contract the uterus and maybe break your water! Or try walking a lot or sex! Good luck!

I am only 22w1d so I am no where near ready to have this little baby!

piratepixie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM

its pretty cold where i am or i would be walking the block... but by the time DH gets home and we are done with dinner it will be freezing!  i dont know about the sex thing, DH isnt really in the mood that often and i havent gotten my breast pump yet.... 

Quoting jackieb2811:

Try using nipple stimulation like pumping milk or something that will contract the uterus and maybe break your water! Or try walking a lot or sex! Good luck!

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Oh man that is unlucky lol! Do some squats that might work! You don't necessarily need a pump just squeeze your boobs to extract milk or just rub your nipple a little haha! I have weird techniques but these are all things I told others to do that didn't involve eating hot foods or drinking foul tasting liquids that started labor!

Quoting piratepixie:

its pretty cold where i am or i would be walking the block... but by the time DH gets home and we are done with dinner it will be freezing!  i dont know about the sex thing, DH isnt really in the mood that often and i havent gotten my breast pump yet.... 

Quoting jackieb2811:

Devious103102
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM

1-you still have time to go, don't rush it because even being that close to your due date the baby could still end up in the NICU for a number of reasons.

2-just because you have yet to make any process doesn't mean you wont. With DD2 I was at 2.5-3cm for 2.5 months (early/mid Jan-March 21 when she was born) and with DD3 I went from 0cm "high and tight" at midnight Fri/Sat to contractions starting that morning and was 4cm by 12pm Sat (12hrs later). 

Cynthje
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

2 weeks? you could have 5 weeks or more, 2 weeks puts you at 39 weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN