Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

delivery question :)

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
my bfs mom says the general rule is your most likely to deliver anywhere between 3 weeks before - 2 weeks after your EDD.. is this true?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Everyone is different . I wouldn't really calk it a rule. Some woman don't deliver until 44 weeks...
CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM
2 before and 2 after is the standard. Most first time moms go over their edd too.
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM
The average for a ftm is going to 41 weeks. You are considered "term" at 37 weeks and you aren't "overdue" until after you go past 42 weeks.
MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
i have heard 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. remember the due date is just an estimate and they rarely come on that day so if its a little later dont worry! with my first i had him 2 days before his due date, im hoping #2 will come a little sooner than that but thats not til July !
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Sounds about right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marynash88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

2 weeks before to 2 weeks after is considered the "safe norm" for a pregnancy but going past 42 weeks is also normal for some women. I have met plenty that safely went to 44+ weeks with very healthy babies. We all gestate differently and to expect otherwise is naive

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

HERE is a link with a bunch of other links on due dates. : ) 

amberandmonker
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I delivered my son at exactly 43 weeks :) my water broke the night before I was to be induced.. I am really hoping this one doesn't wait that long lol
kelly617
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM

"Most" first time mom's go over....but not all
I had my son 2days early
a friend of mine had her son (first baby) 3wks early

ask your mom when YOU came...my doc said that while there is no actual study he has found that labor/delivery tends to run in families..So if your mom had you a week early and the labor was fast...chances are you will probably have your kid a lil early and have a faster labor

Funny thing was my mom said I came 2 days early and was in labor with me 12hrs
I had my son 2 days early and was in labor 13hrs...so it seems to be true so far!

Cynthje
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Full term is 38 to 42 weeks (this means 42 full weeks) so she got it almost right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured