Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Circumcision......

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 36 Replies

I just recently read an article on circumcision and it was completely biased and why you should not have your son circumsized. We are having a little man and plan on having him circumsized unless miracoulously something changes our mind? How do you mammas of little men feel about it?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Its a HOT topic on CM...

I'm 100against doing it. Its not cleaner, its not ugly, they don't get made fun of, ect. Boys are born with it for a reason so unless your religion says to why cut it off. Insurance companies have now changed rules and most no longer cover it as well as hospitals are starting not to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not my body, I won't decide for another person with something so important.
But I would never want to do something so risky without a reason.

So many important things are lost, not worth it.

theosgirl45
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I had my son circd. I don't regret it. But I do thing its an important decision that you need to make based on how you and ur partner feel.  I had my son circd because my dh is and my Dad is not.  My dad advised me to circ my son as he did his.  My SIL now has custody of her 9 year old brother.  Their Mom was a bad parent, she just was very neglectful, she didn't beat her kids or anything she just didn't do anything to help them; like feeding them properly, making sure they bathe regularly, or making sure they went to school everyday. Anyways, since SIL's brother was never taught how to properly clean his uncircd penis he is now having a lot of problems with infections.  SIL is having a hard time figuring out what she should do.  She doesn't really feel comfortable trying to help him clean it because of the stage of development he is at but she also doesn't want him to continue to get infections.  She is just at a loss as to how to help him.

Yurixsi
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:34 AM
it has to be painfull
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Every insurance we've had covered it. Both hospitals performed them. We waited with our third until he was a week old because we have our sons circumcised because of our respect for the Torah. I am so happy we waited. I was able to be with him (No he didn't go into shock but he cries harder when bathed /has a diaper change) he was almost back to his birth weight by the app and we had that first week to get to know him and establish nursing (and without a doubt it did not change him at all). The first day of healing was a little rough but by the 2nd day he didn't need pain meds anymore. And even with waiting it still healed before the umbilical cord fell off. No regrets. My midwife said there was a new study out with medical benefits and so insurances were starting to cover them again... But I've had three different insurance companies cover our 3 boys no problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Saying the article was totally biased because it was against circumcision is ridiculous. If you read an article about genocide would you expect the author to write about the pros and cons? Should an article about the slave experience talk about all the benefits of being sold in to slavery?

When something is wrong that's it. There are topics where there is no other side. Genocide is never a good thing therefore you are very unlikely to find any article arguing the case for rounding up an entire racial group and killing them. Circumcision is never a good thing therefore any article that is written by anyone with a clue will be entirely against it.
aussiechic
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:39 AM

My  husband isn't Circ'd.  IF we have a boy... he will not be Circ'd. My husband never had any problems with infections growing up.

mama-smurf
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this
My son and any future boys will be circumsized. Imo its healthier. I don't regret getting it done.
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Both of my boys are circ'd. I regret doing it. My 2nd sons circ was botched and he will now have life long problems and is missing a chunk of his penis.

I was never informed that something of that nature could happen.

Any future son we may have will stay intact for all the reasons stated above. I wish I had done my research before making such an irreversible decision about my sons body. I had no right to remove a perfectly functioning part of their body.
OneDay.
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I feel it's unnecessary. I don't know where the idea that it is cleaner came from or that they get infections and sicknesses from it not being done. The US is the only county in the world that it is performed regularly for non religious purposes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN