Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone had a vbac....

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 20 Replies

I had a vbac with my 3 yr old and it was very long labor compared to my first vaginal delievery. First son was 6hrs and 30 minutes. Second was my c-section due to high blood pressure. What I am wondering if anyone had more then one delieveries after a vbac.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Not here. Bump!

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:36 AM

BUMP!

jillrebecca3
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM
I had my daughter vac and I plan to have one as long as it is medically ok. I had a very long labor with her but well worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fireflymcl
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I just had a successful VBAC in September. I had a very long labor but they had warned me that it would be as if it was my first baby. With my oldest I didn't go into labor yet when I had to have a CS. Kidney stones. :/
smyeary
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
That is what the RN told me about the my previous vbac experience. She said that even though I had a short labor with my first child after my csection. It would be like my body reset itself. That labor is not recognizable like my first time. Did you exercise? She suggested more stretching.

Quoting fireflymcl:

I just had a successful VBAC in September. I had a very long labor but they had warned me that it would be as if it was my first baby. With my oldest I didn't go into labor yet when I had to have a CS. Kidney stones. :/

fireflymcl
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I did. I did some pregnancy yoga in the beginning. Alot of walking. Towards the end I couldn't do much other than bounce around on a exercise ball but it still helped. The labor was long but as far as pushing, she was out in like 3 pushes. 

Quoting smyeary:

That is what the RN told me about the my previous vbac experience. She said that even though I had a short labor with my first child after my csection. It would be like my body reset itself. That labor is not recognizable like my first time. Did you exercise? She suggested more stretching.

Quoting fireflymcl:

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
2 c-sections and then 2 VBA2Cs here. My first VBAC labor was very long. The second was less than half. Roughly the same pushing time, but the second was almost 2.5 lbs bigger, lol.
smyeary
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I didnt do hardly any exercises cause I was afraid of me miscarrying again. I believe that was part of my labor being so long. But this time around I am going to exercise more.

Quoting fireflymcl:

I did. I did some pregnancy yoga in the beginning. Alot of walking. Towards the end I couldn't do much other than bounce around on a exercise ball but it still helped. The labor was long but as far as pushing, she was out in like 3 pushes. 

Quoting smyeary:

Quoting fireflymcl:

fireflymcl
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean. I lost a baby between my oldest an my baby that was born this past September. As long as you're checking in with your doctor and not over exerting yourself you should be fine. Swimming is great exercise and low impact if you have a pool you can use. 

Quoting smyeary:

I didnt do hardly any exercises cause I was afraid of me miscarrying again. I believe that was part of my labor being so long. But this time around I am going to exercise more.

Quoting fireflymcl:

Quoting smyeary:

Quoting fireflymcl:

smyeary
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM

That gives me hope that I am wont be in labor as long. I was very worried about it this time around. My son was 9lbs.. 7oz. So hopefully this baby wont be bigger then that.. ooouuccchh 

Quoting tyrelsmom:

2 c-sections and then 2 VBA2Cs here. My first VBAC labor was very long. The second was less than half. Roughly the same pushing time, but the second was almost 2.5 lbs bigger, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN