Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In pain :-(

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
I had a cervical cerclage placed last saturday due to a short cervix. With permission from my Doctor I got back for work two days later. But now am having abdorminal pains and starting yesterday backache as well. I called my Doctor and he said the abdorminal pain is usually normal for some days after having that kind of surgery but now am worried about the backache. Am thinking of just quitting my job and being on bedrest. Am only having my review after the surgery this saturday. For those who have had this procedure have you experienced this before and what advice can you give me?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jillrebecca3
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:56 AM
I'm sorry hun. My BFF is due next month and has one in. I know it's not comfortable and she says that it just feels like a ton of pressure all the time. Can you talk to your doctor about putting you on bed rest?
aussiechic
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I had a cerclaged placed at 11w3d due a prior loss from an incompetent cervix.  With my job i have to do heavy lifting.  I was off work a week after it was placed.  Yeah i 'cramped' and was also told to take ibuprofen every 6 hrs for 48 hrs.  I never had back pain though.  I just tried to rest that week after it was placed.  Stayed hydrated and stayed either on the couch or bed.  GL!!  I'd definately rest for AT LEAST a week.

I also just had mine removed 2 weeks ago at 36w6d and it wasn't quite as bad as i had thought it would be.  Just very uncomfortable.

fiiasco
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Mine was placed at 20wks due to being 6cm with bulging membranes, because of the severity I was placed on progesterone & bed rest (8wks) but I did have cramping with some bleeding for a few days after surgery. Hopefully you just went back to work too soon & it's nothing major! Good luck!!
mwangi1989
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
So u have been working all through your pregnancy?

Quoting aussiechic:

I had a cerclaged placed at 11w3d due a prior loss from an incompetent cervix.  With my job i have to do heavy lifting.  I was off work a week after it was placed.  Yeah i 'cramped' and was also told to take ibuprofen every 6 hrs for 48 hrs.  I never had back pain though.  I just tried to rest that week after it was placed.  Stayed hydrated and stayed either on the couch or bed.  GL!!  I'd definately rest for AT LEAST a week.

I also just had mine removed 2 weeks ago at 36w6d and it wasn't quite as bad as i had thought it would be.  Just very uncomfortable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mwangi1989
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
So you were on bedrest for only 8 weeks?

Quoting fiiasco:

Mine was placed at 20wks due to being 6cm with bulging membranes, because of the severity I was placed on progesterone & bed rest (8wks) but I did have cramping with some bleeding for a few days after surgery. Hopefully you just went back to work too soon & it's nothing major! Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fiiasco
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Yes, after surgery I was only allowed out of bed to go to the bathroom, take a quick shower, or make food. I went every 2wks to get an internal ultrasound to check the cerclage & after 8wks of the cerclage remaining in the same exact spot I was allowed to do more. I'm still not allowed to have sex till they come out & due to my job I'm not allowed back to work till after I deliver, but I was never happier to be able to drive & walk my dog ;)

Quoting mwangi1989:

So you were on bedrest for only 8 weeks?

Quoting fiiasco:

aussiechic
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM

yup.  until 34 weeks

YupQuoting mwangi1989:

So u have been working all through your pregnancy?

Quoting aussiechic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured