Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

'Get Ready for Baby' Challenge-Share your thoughts

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 100 Replies

Congratulations to everyone who made it through all 7 days of the 'Get Ready' for Baby' Challenge! We hope you enjoyed the activities.

Please tell us what you thought of the challenge in the replies below. Which activities were your favorites? Did you find the activities helpful to get ready for your baby?

In case you missed any of the activities, you can find them all here:

Day 1: Get Ready for Baby Day 1: Baby Furniture
Day 2: Get Ready for Baby Day 2: Baby Gear
Day 3: Get Ready for Baby Day 3: Feeding Supplies-WIN a Bonus Prize
Day 4: Get Ready for Baby Day 4: Baby Clothing
Day 5: Get Ready for Baby Day 5: Diapering Supplies
Day 6: Get Ready for Baby Day 6: Pamper Yourself-WIN a Bonus Prize
Day 7: Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessymoka
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM
5 moms liked this
Honestly I only participated for the prize involved. I didn't really had a favorite activity or find any particular day helpful. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabby1979
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Kinda just overwhelmed me with all the things I still have to gather/buy...ugh.

robbinbj
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I thought it was very interesting to do, and I love how it made me think about some really important things for the future. I find my mind muddled a lot trying to think of what needs to get done before this baby comes!
mama-smurf
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Same here. This isnt my first baby but I enjoyed commenting.

Quoting jessymoka:

Honestly I only participated for the prize involved. I didn't really had a favorite activity or find any particular day helpful. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.

ctaylor1211
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Each challenge made me think. I guess my favorite was pack your bag. I actually went home last ngiht and said son can mommy borrow your laptop for when i go to the hospital he said of course.  I just never thought about it before. They were fun exercises to help you see what all you will need

PEEK05
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I loved the challenge. Maybe because I already had all of it done since I'm at the end of my pregnancy pretty much.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree. And it was all about buy, buy, buy! It seemed like free market research and pressure for consumerism for baby product companies. There wasn't a single day on getting emotionally ready, financially ready, parenting styles, what fueled your decision to bf/ff, do you have a birth plan, are you up to speed on carseat safety, what to think about baby proofing...

Quoting jessymoka:

babymama2009883
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I liked all of them! I found out more of things I should or shouldn't bring or do.

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM

It's been about 10 years since Ive had to get ready for baby, so it reminded me on stuff that I havent thought of yet. Very helpful :)

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I probably would have had a bit more fun had I been further along.

Since this pregnancy is still early on, there is a LOT that I could decided to change before baby gets here. I guess my fav would be Day 7. It was interesting to see all th different things people plan on bringing to the hospital or have ready at home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)