Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

im nervous and need to vent.

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I'm 27weeks pregnant with baby #2 and on Monday morning I went to the lab to get the glucose test done. Yesterday for some reason my phone was off so today I checked my voicemails and I had one from my doctors office. My test came back 4points elevated and now I have to go in and do the 3 hour test. Omg I am nervous. My family has diabetes all over including gestational diabetes :( both of my parents are diabetic and my cousins have had GD. With my first baby I didn't have anything so that was nice but now I'm scared. My doctor said that it is only 4 points elevated which isn't much but he just wants to make sure I don't have GD. So tomorrow I will pick up the paper work I need in order to go to the lab again and I will be going to the lab on my next day off which is on Tuesday. I am so nervous. I haven't gained much weight in this pregnancy. My starting weight was 189lbs and my actual weight is 195 lbs so 6lbs is all I have gained. I have been watching my eight carefully because of my fear for GD but to think that regardless of my careful watching I might still have it, I am scared. Sorry girls I had to tell someone and I didn't know who.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Even if you have GD, it doesn't have to be a horrible or scary thing. I had it with my second baby. I knew from the beginning of the pregnancy that I had it because of how I was feeling. Anyway, I only had to take an oral medication once a day. No big deal. Just continue watching what you eat, keep the carbs and sugar intake low, and get your exercise.

KAmomma1113
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Try not to worry yourself too much. I know easier said than done but like you said it was only 4 points. It could just be nothing like a fluke and your doctor is just being extra cautious. You will probably come out of the next test just fine with normal results since it was only a tiny bit above normal range. I think you get more leway with the 3 hour test. Try and stay relaxed for your health and your babys. (I know not that easy cuz I go for my sugar test the end of this month and always stress over it) Good luck and let us know how it goes if u dont mind :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I failed the one hour but passed the 3hr with flying colors, a lot of people do. Try not to over stress yourself hun!

sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Thanks. And wow you knew since the beginning? Well the only difference I feel from this pregnancy to my first is EVERYTHING :/ my first pregnancy was nice. No symptoms what so ever. This pregnancy was horrible from the very beginning. I had the whole morning sickness, back pain, headaches, pain in my pelvic, heartburn and I can't remember what else honestly but I don't think these are signs of diabetes.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Even if you have GD, it doesn't have to be a horrible or scary thing. I had it with my second baby. I knew from the beginning of the pregnancy that I had it because of how I was feeling. Anyway, I only had to take an oral medication once a day. No big deal. Just continue watching what you eat, keep the carbs and sugar intake low, and get your exercise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Thanks. After talking to my husband about it he tried to help me calm down and now atleast I can sleep.

Quoting KAmomma1113:

Try not to worry yourself too much. I know easier said than done but like you said it was only 4 points. It could just be nothing like a fluke and your doctor is just being extra cautious. You will probably come out of the next test just fine with normal results since it was only a tiny bit above normal range. I think you get more leway with the 3 hour test. Try and stay relaxed for your health and your babys. (I know not that easy cuz I go for my sugar test the end of this month and always stress over it) Good luck and let us know how it goes if u dont mind :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Thanks. I really hope I pass the 3 hour one. The good thing is that I have never been uncomfortable with needles so I know I can take the 4 pricks :)

Quoting Devious103102:

I failed the one hour but passed the 3hr with flying colors, a lot of people do. Try not to over stress yourself hun!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM

My pregnancies were different like that too. But I knew because I have prediabetes anyway and I could feel my blood sugar getting high after breakfast and got low a lot easier. We started watching my A1C levels and I started charting my blood sugar levels 4 times a day from the beginning. 

Quoting sweetieiv:

Thanks. And wow you knew since the beginning? Well the only difference I feel from this pregnancy to my first is EVERYTHING :/ my first pregnancy was nice. No symptoms what so ever. This pregnancy was horrible from the very beginning. I had the whole morning sickness, back pain, headaches, pain in my pelvic, heartburn and I can't remember what else honestly but I don't think these are signs of diabetes.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

FinchsMommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM
It's hard not to stress about the glucose tests. I failed my first slightly like yourself. Then auto failed my 3 hour because I puked 20 minutes after I took that gross stuff. I had awful morning sickness with my first so I wasn't surprised that I puked. Just ended up monitoring my blood sugar to appease my doc and it was never high. If you watch what you eat, your ahead of game and most preggo ladies who indulge in anything they want.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM

It's honestly not a huge deal.  

I have GD and monitor it with diet only.  I don't need any medication.  

It's annoying and a pain in the butt sometimes, but it's not horrible.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN