Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Preventing stretch mark advise!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 26 Replies
I have very little stretch marks from previous pregnancies what should I use to prevent more during this pregnancy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM

cocoa butter w/ vitamin E.

virgochild79
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
5 moms liked this

You can't prevent stretch marks. There are no creams, oils, lotions, gels, pills, or anything else that will prevent them. It all depends on the elasticity of your skin. 

Devious103102
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I used st ives skin renewal cream with Livi and I didn't get ANY new stretch marks and it actually helped lighten up some of my old ones! I use it daily now  =0)

Proudmommy0610
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I say some women get lucky and barely get stretch marks others find things that illuminate theirs. Everyone is different me personally three years ago with my son I had no stretch marks until I hit about 8/1/2 months then I just felt the itch and I scratched no cream no oil no gel nothing worked so I scratched and it felt great lol. I'm not pregnant with baby number two due in June and I'm using Burt's bee mama bee tummy cream it helps but when I'm itching I scratch. I say it's part of being a mama and like my grandma told me real woman have tiger stripes lol.
Paty123
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahhh it's just so frustrating when these 90 pound girls have 8-9lbs baby's and get no strech marks! It's so crazzy to me!

Quoting virgochild79:

You can't prevent stretch marks. There are no creams, oils, lotions, gels, pills, or anything else that will prevent them. It all depends on the elasticity of your skin. 

virgochild79
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Eh, don't worry, I'm sure they probably have saggy breasts or something ;)

Quoting Paty123:

Ahhh it's just so frustrating when these 90 pound girls have 8-9lbs baby's and get no strech marks! It's so crazzy to me!

Quoting virgochild79:

BabyFetus Ticker

toopicky429
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You can moisturize, but honestly it won't really work if you are prone to stretch marks. I slathered cocoa butter all over me, and I still ended up with them.
JjcH0911
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 87 lbs have had two babies one was 7 lbs 4.9 oz the other was 6lbs 6oz and i have stretch marks :/ some not a lot and not bad ones but i have a few.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JjcH0911
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I didnt use cream tho and like i said dont have a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

you can help your skin with it's elasticity by drinking lots of water and slathering all kinds of lotion on it. Make sure you use lotion that doesn't dry your skin!...yes some do that! I got some stretch marks from my first but very little and only on my lower belly. I also think it's helpful if you "grow" a little slower...lol if you can help it anyway!

I used coco butter with my first, I always have even without being pregnant...but I have recently started using this oil I got from Sephora called L'Occaitane - almond oil. It smells great and I feel like I get more moisture from oil.

I

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN