Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Placenta Previa

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

Last night after dinner I went to the bathroom. After cleaning myself I saw ALOT of blood. Like waking up with aunt flo blood. There was a large clot. I went to the er and my OBGYN met us there. After a vaginal exam my cervix was still closed, we did a vaginal ultrasound the baby was moving, had a strong heartbeat 162 bpm. Turns out I have a condition called Placenta Previa. Where my placenta is in the wrong place. It is covering the cervix. This early in pregnancy it should work itself out. May need bed rest will see my doc again Monday. I knew I Loved the baby already but I had no idea I Loved him/her this much. Anyone ever have this or know anyone close to them who have? Can I ask for everyone to pray for us...This has been such a tough road just to  get pregnant...I will do anything to save this baby.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I had it this pregnancy. It was only partial. Please know that vaginal exams should be refused by you because they can disrupt the placenta. If you go to the er again they may not already know not to do one. Also, please know that many woman carry to term even with previa.

Is yours partial or full previa? Partial will normally resolve but full is more likely to end with a c-section.

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzysdaughter
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Quoting sj3starz:

I had it this pregnancy. It was only partial. Please know that vaginal exams should be refused by you because they can disrupt the placenta. If you go to the er again they may not already know not to do one. Also, please know that many woman carry to term even with previa.

Is yours partial or full previa? Partial will normally resolve but full is more likely to end with a c-section.

Good luck

I don't know yet if partial or full...How far along were/are you? I'm 12 weeks 5 days. I thought it was weird they said NO plevic activty yet they did a vaginal. The baby was moving all over the place very restless. If its a girl she's one tough cookie like her momma. :)

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I was 12 weeks and by my next ultrasound it was resolved. That was at 18 weeks for my anatomy scan. That's strange that they didn't tell you what type of previa!! There are three "kinds" or levels. Marginal, which means three placenta is right next to the cervix. Partial, which... Obviously. And full which is also self explanatory. I hope that you have one of the lesser degrees that tend to resolve on their own.
There is still hope!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I have full previa....Im almost 23 weeks. It has plenty of time to move but if it doesnt, I will have a c-section at 35-36 weeks (Or at least be hospitalized early as I have a history of pre-term labor). They will re-check at 32 weeks.

Its nerve racking believe me....I posted on here as soon as I found out. But its completely manageable when caught early :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
suzysdaughter
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

I have full previa....Im almost 23 weeks. It has plenty of time to move but if it doesnt, I will have a c-section at 35-36 weeks (Or at least be hospitalized early as I have a history of pre-term labor). They will re-check at 32 weeks.

Its nerve racking believe me....I posted on here as soon as I found out. But its completely manageable when caught early :)

Thank you I have hope. I will do whatever it takes.

suzysdaughter
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sj3starz:

I was 12 weeks and by my next ultrasound it was resolved. That was at 18 weeks for my anatomy scan. That's strange that they didn't tell you what type of previa!! There are three "kinds" or levels. Marginal, which means three placenta is right next to the cervix. Partial, which... Obviously. And full which is also self explanatory. I hope that you have one of the lesser degrees that tend to resolve on their own.
There is still hope!

Thank you, I don't feel as alone as I did last night.

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Never alone. Feel free to pm me if you ever need!

Quoting suzysdaughter:

Quoting sj3starz:

There is still hope!

Thank you, I don't feel as alone as I did last night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I had it.  It was during my first pregnancy -- first trimester.  

As the baby grew, the placenta moved up and the previa went away. 

lillucky8
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I had partial covering with dd and it moved by 30ish weeks. Just take it easy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kennadismom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I don't have previa but I have low lying placenta. Found it at 18 weeks. No penetration until 30 weeks when I have another u/s (which is in 3 weeks) and go from there. Dr said a lot of times this stuff works itself out but listen to your body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)