Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Co-sleeping

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 20 Replies
What age is too old??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this

It depends on each individual child and family situation.

DaconosMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I think it depends on the parents. Some parents are more comfortable with it for a year while some parents let their children sleep with them til they are 5 sometimes older. My son co-slept with my until he was 3 and thankfully my husband and I were able to get him to sleep in his own bed with no problem. My daughter is 1 1/2 and still sleeps with my husband and I. Im hoping by the next time we have another lil one she will be in her bed but I think we will have a little more trouble getting her into her own bed.

livingrlovesong
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My DD slept with me until she was a little over 2. Neither of my boys slept with me. They wanted to play, not sleep, even as newborns, so they went to their cribs

MariaGentle
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Do you and your husband ever wish you could have the bed to yourselves?

Quoting DaconosMommy:

I think it depends on the parents. Some parents are more comfortable with it for a year while some parents let their children sleep with them til they are 5 sometimes older. My son co-slept with my until he was 3 and thankfully my husband and I were able to get him to sleep in his own bed with no problem. My daughter is 1 1/2 and still sleeps with my husband and I. Im hoping by the next time we have another lil one she will be in her bed but I think we will have a little more trouble getting her into her own bed.

DaconosMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Honestly yes we do.

Quoting MariaGentle:

Do you and your husband ever wish you could have the bed to yourselves?

Quoting DaconosMommy:

Randi02
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We bedshare from birth to around their first birthdays.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Humm... 18? Lol! It varies from child to child. I can guarantee you, that your sixteen old will not be in bed with you. Maybe a five year old if they are sick or have a nightmare (then move them back to bed). We have our two year old fall to sleep with us, then we move him to his own bed and sometimes he comes into bed with us at night, if he has a nightmare, but we just move him back to his bed once he is out. Also, know that the term "co-sleeping" is very broad. It means sleeping in the same room. Now, the term bedsharing IS co-sleeping, but it specifically means sharing the same sleeping surface. 

mama-smurf
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
For me too old is 1 month old.
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We bed-share until around a year, and co-sleep till around 18 months with a slow transition to their own room by 18 months.

None of us sleep alone, I have two boys who share a room and two girls who often share a room.  My husband and I have never really cared if there was a kid in bed with us.  We use our bed to sleep most of the time, and as long as we're not getting kicked in the face, we see nothing wrong with providing the comfort our children need by sleeping near us. 

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Still co sleeping with 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old. Sure sometimes the extra room would be nice but they're only kids for so little time. We all sleep soundly throughout the night and wouldn't have it any other way. They will move into their beds when they're ready.

Let me clarify we bed share but there is another bed in our room too. Our girls sleep in it maybe once a week and never last the whole night. Actually I can't remember the last time they wanted to sleep in their bed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)