Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What has happened to this site?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 18 Replies
6 moms liked this

Honestly. I have been on this site off an on for 6 years. Since I was pregnant with my first child. And in the past 6 years It has gone from mothers supporting each other to mothers making other mothers feel like sh*t for their choice. Heaven forbid you vaccinate, or induce labor before 40 weeks, or circumcise, or formula feed, or get an epidural, or do anything with your own body and your own child without getting a stern lecture for it. I know im sure to get bashed for this, but honestly! Why cant we be supportive of each other without all the bashing?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avaana06
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Well, I can see your point. Everyone has their opinions and I think they like to "prove" their point. I have felt very overwhelmed by this already. I however, just learned to not worry about what other people believe.

melissaaytes
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't worry about it either!  I have gotten some good advice on here and some bashing.  I just brush that off and say whatever that is their opinion they are just B******and maybe something is going on in their life that makes them be that way!

rachelrothchild
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't see much actual bashing in here honestly.  People are generally pretty civil.  If you feel like shit about a decision you have made, maybe you are not confident in your decision.  I take what I find helpful and ignore everything else.  Life is too short for me to care what other people think.

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I also have been on and off for 6 years ( 4 children later ) I've seen it also. I try and stay away from certain groups and posts ..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kimmie3577
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM

i agree with you 100% i have been on this site for a few months and i have never been so mad in my life for woman you think they know more than you or they tell you read this site and im tired i dont need someone to tell me and make me feel like crap for wanting to do what i want... i was in a site saying that i was going to circumcise and i got attack by a lady and i just got mad and had to delete what i wrote because of her i was induce and had to have a c sections and i also had to formula feed cant help i had no milk lol... so i dont care what people think of me we are all different and what we do as mothers is our business.... so if someone bashes you for your post just know you have at least 1 person who stands beside you 100%

Quoting livingrlovesong:

Honestly. I have been on this site off an on for 6 years. Since I was pregnant with my first child. And in the past 6 years It has gone from mothers supporting each other to mothers making other mothers feel like sh*t for their choice. Heaven forbid you vaccinate, or induce labor before 40 weeks, or circumcise, or formula feed, or get an epidural, or do anything with your own body and your own child without getting a stern lecture for it. I know im sure to get bashed for this, but honestly! Why cant we be supportive of each other without all the bashing?

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Actually, I am confident in all of my decisions. I wasn't talking about me. But I see it daily and get many pms from people thanking me for sticking up for them when other moms have made them feel bad.

Quoting rachelrothchild:

I don't see much actual bashing in here honestly.  People are generally pretty civil.  If you feel like shit about a decision you have made, maybe you are not confident in your decision.  I take what I find helpful and ignore everything else.  Life is too short for me to care what other people think.

rachelrothchild
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Some people have strong opinions.  You can take those opinions one of two ways-you can feel bad or brush it off.  Personally, I take most opinions with a grain of salt and don't let them bother me because I know most people are coming from a place of concern not judgment.  

Most people aren't malicious.  I'm a psychology professional, and I've learned that you can't control what other people say, but you can control the way you react to what other people say.  How you react is 100% your responsibility.  I'm not saying that gives people the right to be jerks.  I'm just saying only you can control the way you feel about something.

Quoting livingrlovesong:

Actually, I am confident in all of my decisions. I wasn't talking about me. But I see it daily and get many pms from people thanking me for sticking up for them when other moms have made them feel bad.

Quoting rachelrothchild:

xLilBit22
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I agree with you. Thats why i dont post much and if i do i leave certain subjects out of it
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I feel bad for the women who do take it personally and end up all upset over things. And trust me I've talked to many who have felt personally victimized on this site, in this group. They felt as if they did something wrong because someone made them feel like crap. And honestly, it's disgusting
But yes, I take Everything on here lightly

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Some people have strong opinions.  You can take those opinions one of two ways-you can feel bad or brush it off.  Personally, I take most opinions with a grain of salt and don't let them bother me because I know most people are coming from a place of concern not judgment.  

Most people aren't malicious.  I'm a psychology professional, and I've learned that you can't control what other people say, but you can control the way you react to what other people say.  How you react is 100% your responsibility.  I'm not saying that gives people the right to be jerks.  I'm just saying only you can control the way you feel about something.

Quoting livingrlovesong:

Quoting rachelrothchild:

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We really don't care what you do with your body or your baby's body, so long as it is legal. Many of us are alarmed at the fact that 47 other countries (including South Korea, Serbia, Bosnia and Kuwait) have lower maternal death rates that us. That women born in the 1980's have DOUBLE the risk of dying in child birth than her mother did birthing her! That one in three births are ending in major surgery, without safer outcomes for baby or mom. That 46% of c-sections are repeat c-sectoins. That the most performed surgery in this country is the c-section. Many of us are just hoping to give information to women, so they can make informed choices- whether they get that epidural or not, induce or not, vax their kid or not, circumcisize their son or not. If a woman wants to have a primary elective c-section at 39 weeks, after she has done her research and is confident in that choice, I will be the first throw confetti for her when she announces her baby is born- so would everyone that I know here! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)