Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Apparently my glucose test results were not good......Update with results:(

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

Because I received a call from the nurse today- asking that come in Tuesday morning for the 3 HOUR glucose test! Has anyone had to do the 3 hour test??

So I did the 3 hour test. Before I drank the much thicker and sweeter syrup- my reading was good @ 100....after 3 hours it was 162.

I just received a phone call stating that I do have gestational diabetes and they called in a glucose monitor. I have to test every morning -then 2 hours after I eat breakfast every day. I need to track the results and take it to my doctor appointments. Has anyone experienced this??

pregnancy week by week
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
soaringflutes
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to do the three hour test as well.  I "failed" on the last blood draw, but all the others are fine.  Now I take my blood sugar readings myself, and everything has been fine so far.  What I've learned (from the hospital) as the pregnancy progesses, there's a greater chance of insulin levels being disrupted, although they go back to normal after birth, typically.

If it makes you feel better, the nurse at my doctor's office said 50% of the women who have to take the three hour test pass it.

kimmie3577
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

i had to do it with my first child. the first was a one hour one then i got a call telling me i had to go in a do a 3 hour one. so yeah i had to do it so far with this pregnancy i havent had to do it not saying that i wont have to later....

kelly617
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yah..it sucks
take a pillow so you can lay down
You can't drink any water while you're there either so try to get hydrated before you go
And plan on taking the day off work because I felt horrible after

I did pass though

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

What were your numbers?

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Only one in three who "failed" the one hour go on to "fail" the three hour test. Do you have risk factos? Are you familiar with how this test was designed? Are you interested in learning more about the test's history and other info about? 

janessa27
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM
They didn't tell me what the numbers were and I was so surprised- I didn't even ask. What is the difference in the 3 hour test??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Many have had to do the 3 hour test.  It's far from uncommon :) 

Most pass it.  

mrs.autry21
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm 35+ weeks and have been to busy for work to get off early to have my test done. But I finally did it earlier this week and I failed it and now have to do the 3 hr test as well. I'm dreading hovering to sit and wait for 3hr! Plus taking time off work to do it is so irritating. Gl I hope you and me both pass our test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)