Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

protein in my urine

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

so i did a 24 hr urine sample two weeks ago and found out today that there was protein in it :( ive never had that happen before! Should this be a concern for the rest of the pregnancy?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM
How's your BP? I had protein on my 24 test too but my BP has been hovering just below the danger levels for preeclampsia. They had me come in for weekly BP checks but that was it. I'm 6 days post dates and fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
USMCWifey2011
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM

When i dd that it was to test for preeclampsia. I would ask your doctor why they are doing it and how it will affect you.

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM

oh BP is perfect. The dr thinks there is something else going on, not pregnancy related but says at this point its pointless to send me to a rheumatologist as the tests will be all over the place since im pregnant! 

But im only 15 weeks 

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

How's your BP? I had protein on my 24 test too but my BP has been hovering just below the danger levels for preeclampsia. They had me come in for weekly BP checks but that was it. I'm 6 days post dates and fine.

CafeMom Tickers

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM

she wanted to make sure my kidneys are functioning properly 

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

When i dd that it was to test for preeclampsia. I would ask your doctor why they are doing it and how it will affect you.

CafeMom Tickers

USMCWifey2011
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Oh well, i had kidney problems with DS. It is something you have to watch

Quoting sparklebug86:

she wanted to make sure my kidneys are functioning properly 

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM

How much protein?  I spilled trace to 1+ my entire pregnancy til the very end (DH blessed me and we did energy work by my chiro).  It was left over from my pre-e with DD even though it had been a year.  Dehydration, too much protein, too little protein, lots and lots of things can cause protein in your urine.  It can't be pre-e until the placenta takes over around 20+ weeks, so that's good news for you :)

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
She said something about 225?

Quoting PoodleMum:

How much protein?  I spilled trace to 1+ my entire pregnancy til the very end (DH blessed me and we did energy work by my chiro).  It was left over from my pre-e with DD even though it had been a year.  Dehydration, too much protein, too little protein, lots and lots of things can cause protein in your urine.  It can't be pre-e until the placenta takes over around 20+ weeks, so that's good news for you :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Yaah, 300 is when they induce because it's too high :/ Good luck!

Quoting sparklebug86:

She said something about 225?

Quoting PoodleMum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

If you have high blood pressure along with the protine in your urine, then you probably have pre eclampsia, which is definitely a concern!  If it's just protine then something might be going on with you kidneys.  I'd ask the doc what they think is happening, and what the plan will be if something serious is going on.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I had protein in my urine and normal BP. No pre-e. but 2 weeks pp I had my appendix almost burst.

Quoting sparklebug86:

oh BP is perfect. The dr thinks there is something else going on, not pregnancy related but says at this point its pointless to send me to a rheumatologist as the tests will be all over the place since im pregnant! 

But im only 15 weeks 

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN