Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

my mil **vent**

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
OK so my mom is excited I'm having a baby but she understands this is my baby and isn't overly doing it with the comments... but my df mother omfg.. OK so at first I posted about the comments of her going out of town when hunter will be 1 month and how she's going to miss 'her baby', then my post about the baby shower I wanted it at a park where my family can come and catered by a taco truck (I crave tacos LOL) and I wanted Co ed so df friends could come now non of that's happening, then last night me and df went and registered at target and babies r us we came home to her cry due to the fact we put NO grandparents names down on the registery... idk what to do I understand this is her first grandchild but this is my first baby I want things to go the way I want (not trying to sound selfish just really upset by everything so far) sigh... rant over
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

if you want tacos in the park w/ DF's friends, you have tacos in the park with DH's friends.   don't let her hijack your shower.  it is not "her baby".  this is YOUR time.  be selfish. don't let her ruin this for you.  defriend her on facebook if you have to, or at least hide her. 

lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Why do you need to put her name on the registry? Did she get you pregnant? Ridiculous. Don't let her butt in now otherwise it'll be hard to get her to back off. Set boundaries ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
She's paying for it is the thing but still its my babyboy and I want it the way I want it... its going to be so awkward its all her friends and her family non coed so its all woman and I'm not a big fan of people touching my belly besides people im close with and I know that's all they are gonna do

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

if you want tacos in the park w/ DF's friends, you have tacos in the park with DH's friends.   don't let her hijack your shower.  it is not "her baby".  this is YOUR time.  be selfish. don't let her ruin this for you.  defriend her on facebook if you have to, or at least hide her. 

RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Mothers and MILs are the thorn in the side of virtually every pregnant woman at one time or another. Try to just look at her behavior as a sign that she's excited which is better than ambivalent and a lot better than referring to you as the harlot that is ruining her precious little boy's life.

I'm dealing with a mother who insists on referring to my unborn daughter as Fredrica despite the fact that I've told her a million times not to. My son was called Fred in utero as was my next baby but we lost him at 18 weeks so I won't use the name anymore. I think it's reasonable, I just don't want to associate the two babies, but she keeps doing it anyway.

I'm also dealing with a MIL that wants me to call her when I go in to labor so she can sit in the waiting room at the hospital. I don't know why, I've made it quite clear that we won't be having visitors there so she wouldn't be allowed in to the room anyway. I think she's mostly hoping that my son won't be able to hack it so she can take him away for a few days, like I'm going to let him miss school for that long.
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i'd get a shirt that says "DO NOT TOUCH THE BUMP".  she has to remember, it's not HER baby shower. she needs to take your wants into consideration or back out.  baby showers are not very expensive so she's really not doing you that much of a favor. especially since it's causing you stress.

Quoting kbear1992:

She's paying for it is the thing but still its my babyboy and I want it the way I want it... its going to be so awkward its all her friends and her family non coed so its all woman and I'm not a big fan of people touching my belly besides people im close with and I know that's all they are gonna do

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

kbear1992
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I'm sorry for your other loss <3 I know where your coming from though at first she didn't want to believe I was preggo then didn't think it was my df's baby... then I don't know if I'm going to breath feed the whole time if I like it ill continue if not I'm not going to she already starting to argue that I have to do it the whole time.. I'm sorry are you the mother? No if I'm not a big fan or hunter isn't a big fan I'm not going to yes ill pump but as for him being on my boob that's another story.. I'm just very ugh with this whole thing

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Mothers and MILs are the thorn in the side of virtually every pregnant woman at one time or another. Try to just look at her behavior as a sign that she's excited which is better than ambivalent and a lot better than referring to you as the harlot that is ruining her precious little boy's life.

I'm dealing with a mother who insists on referring to my unborn daughter as Fredrica despite the fact that I've told her a million times not to. My son was called Fred in utero as was my next baby but we lost him at 18 weeks so I won't use the name anymore. I think it's reasonable, I just don't want to associate the two babies, but she keeps doing it anyway.

I'm also dealing with a MIL that wants me to call her when I go in to labor so she can sit in the waiting room at the hospital. I don't know why, I've made it quite clear that we won't be having visitors there so she wouldn't be allowed in to the room anyway. I think she's mostly hoping that my son won't be able to hack it so she can take him away for a few days, like I'm going to let him miss school for that long.

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
She's overstepping her boundaries. You need to tell her to stop and back off now or its never going to get any better
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
She's overstepping her boundaries. You need to tell her to stop and back off now or its never going to get any better
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM

yea i would have your df talk to her in anyway he feels. can he be honest with her or is he the type that trys to make everyone happy. Tell him you dont want to go unless its the way you want it being coed at the park. or host your own shower, then go to that one as a side one. At least she is trying to get involved. probually feels bad for thinking it wasnt his. My mil semi did that, i invited them to my baby shower, they never showed but mil had one after the baby was born. i swear it was the silliest thing because i know she was only doing it for show to her sisters. She even had dh think i was sleeping around and crap, i was like he was the only one ive been with thank you, we were both virgins when we lost it to eachother. I told dh if he didnt think she was his to leave before she was born and i will do it on my own. That was his wake up call that made him step up to them. they still dont treat our kids that well. They favor their other grandkids a TON more to the point when my kids are trying to play, they tell them no then call another grandchild over to do the same as my kids wanted to do...at least my family is over excited to see the kids. I think my dad is going to take my older 3 for a few days coming up in the next few weeks. ill probually do a major clean out before i have this one(our 5th). it will be nice to nap when he(my 4th) does too.lol. but my family goes overboard with visiting for us being so far away so my kids will just know them better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)