Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Headachs during pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone had realy bad headachs during there pregnancy and how did you deal with then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I just deal.Ive woke up with one every day of my pregnancy...im 23 weeks.

lil_momma513
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

God, yes.. I never got them first trimester, once I hit about 18 weeks I had a constant one that lasted like a week so bad I couldnt get out of bed, blood pressure was normal, so I broke down and took some tylenol.. which helped until it went away, then they started coming sporatically.. I'd get one every few days.. they have become less and less frequent, but I have one right now that I've had the last 3 days, I'm SO done with it...

CafeMom Tickers
norwgnwood
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Yes. My last pregnancy as awful. I took Tylenol (which never works) sipped on Coke (literally. 1 12 oz bottle would last up to 3 days). And ate more protein.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I had headaches and migraines. I started taking more vitamin c, mostly eating more oranges. ANd going outside in the morning light, so get morning sunlight directly into your eyes. Also if its a tension headaches I'd get a chriopractor to adjust your neck!

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I got them often.  I'd put a heating pad on my neck, drink a lot of water, and go to the chiropractor.  A lot of it was due to my neck being out of alignment.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Yes, I always got terrible headaches. I did small amounts of caffeine and made sure I drank enough water.

rjmac88
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

yes. my second and my fourth. tylenol

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I have been having tension headaches my entire pregnancy, and most of the time I ignore them. If I cant ignore them then tylenol. Usually water also helps.

swthrt737
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I sip on water,relax my mind through avoiding too much noise also i prevent looking at too much light bse it brings me head.
BosGirl0906
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I had migraines before I got pregnant and they only got worse during my pregnancy. There were days I could hardly get out of bed. My dr prescribed me Fioricet. She said it was the strongest they could give me while I was pregnant. Sometimes it helps, if I take it soon as I start getting one. Sometimes it doesn't help. If your headaches are that dibilitating, you should ask your dr about prescribing you something. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)