Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Headachs during pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone had realy bad headachs during there pregnancy and how did you deal with then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
ssenter
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I take benadryl and then take a hot shower kinda I don't let the water hit me when its really hot but I get it realy steamy in the bathroom then turn the water to warm and stand under it. It usually clears my head and helps with the headache. But the dr says my headaches are because of my sinuses. Ask your Dr because my dr was going to give me a prescription if I wanted but i decided against it.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I did, but mine were caused by high blood pressure.  I just would take tylenol and lay down when I could.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

CadetMommy23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
The main reason for headaches during pregnancy is lack of caffeine. Since they recommend no caffeine during pregnancy your body craves it. What I usually do is drink some soda.. Or coffee an I feel much better. Talk to your doctor to see if caffeine is okay for you.
crazbt4
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I always get really bad headaches..... The only thing that helps me is allergy meds. I have to take Claritin or Zyrtec (off brands work as well) otherwise I wind up with migraines that will not go away.
maybe80
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Awful headaches. I'm suffering so badly, daily, nightly, morning.....

Tylenol helps and zofran believe it or not. But then I get constipated. :/

Water, darkness, ice and heat therapy, Tylenol.
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM

yes with my first they were just plain headaches and I took tylenol for them

With my second I got optical migraines twice and those were miserable!

With this one I was getting 2-3 migraines a week and was losing my vision so the dr put me on cyproheptad which is actually an allergy medication similar to benadryl. I take 1 at night before bed and not only does it knock me out but Ive been on it for 2 weeks and havent had a migraine since!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I feel for you. I actually stopped getting my migraines during my last pregnancy. 

During the rest of them, I would lay down in a very dark room, with no noise, and take 2 tylenol, and go to sleep.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

caffeine does help. That's why excedrin has caffeine as an ingredient.

Quoting Astrachanca:

I had headaches nearly every night in the first trimester. I sipped on iced tea around lunch and had a few glasses. The caffeine helped, I think.

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I try to stay hydrated and drank half a can of coke when they got really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dcdmattison03
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I had always had migrains anyway but they were worse when I was pregnant. I was put on fiorcet and it works like a charm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)