Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Headachs during pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone had realy bad headachs during there pregnancy and how did you deal with then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
iman34
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Yes i am 5 months and my head and teeth are giving me hell. Between the two i would take giveing birth. I don't like taking to much of anything for the pain because i feel as if i am druging my baby.
ame501
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I have never had an issue with headaches--pre pregnancy or during. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and I have an on again, off again headache for the last 2 days. It comes and goes. I have taken Tylenol, drank some caffeine, laid in the dark, took a nap...I would hate to call my OB tomorrow for a headache, but not too sure if this is normal? I feel like I'm getting paranoid because I'm so ready to be finished with pregnancy. :(
pacificamom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM

yep-water and tylenol

Arynbrittany
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I did Tylenol or sipped a coca cola... If that was no help I took the prescription headache medicine that my ob prescribed. I've had them since the beginning but they're not as frequent now, thankfully.

CafeMom Tickers
Nynnie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:04 AM
I got a migrain today, took tylenol and tried to sleep, I just rested a long time and it went to a dull thing. Earlier on I was having a headache every morning when I woke up, I just dealt with it. Tell ur ob they will help u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 AM
I had a migrane that lasted for 3 wks. No joke. It only let up when I started taking 500mg of magnesium everyday with my prenatal. Its been 2 wks and I haven't had one since.
Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I had them bad :( still get them maybe once per week but it has let up quite  a bit. I took hot showers, used tylenol, sipped on a little caffeine, and mainly suffered through them.

BabyFruit Ticker
kornkid52006
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM

i am in the last few weeks of my pregnancy and have been getting really bad headachs that end me in l&d because i have high blood pressure

BabieBeat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Headaches in pregnancy can just be "one of those things" but if they are newly experienced by you, why not call your health care team and let them know.  

Don't ever hesitate to call your doctor, midwife or health care team with any questions or concerns you may have or comments you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And always ~ and trust your gut...xo

kimmie3577
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah i get them alot i take regular strenght tylenol .. that is what my doctor told me to take...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)