Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck at 2cm

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ok ladies I'm 2cm dilated and was in the hospital over night having steady contractions but couldn't get past a 2. Any ideas on how to get things to change? I'm miserable with these contractions and I'm 38 weeks so the baby is healthy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Your baby just isnt ready yet

Groove
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
take a bath and relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Exercise ball
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sbdubb13
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I have one of those ill try that! Thanks! :)

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

Exercise ball

jewmaw13
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Take a long walk then a nice warm shower and bounce on a medicine ball if you have access to one! GL!! (=
wonderwomanT08
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I am too! My due date is tomorrow! :(   He is just not ready yet. Apparently there is not much you can do. But I have been eating spicy food and pineapple today...lol. I am going to try to just relax tonight in a warm bath and try to visualze my baby coming. There is not much more we can do.

sbdubb13
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Thank you! :)

Quoting jewmaw13:

Take a long walk then a nice warm shower and bounce on a medicine ball if you have access to one! GL!! (=

sbdubb13
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM
My son is just so stubborn lol taking his time

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I am too! My due date is tomorrow! :(   He is just not ready yet. Apparently there is not much you can do. But I have been eating spicy food and pineapple today...lol. I am going to try to just relax tonight in a warm bath and try to visualze my baby coming. There is not much more we can do.

Cynthje
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM

It sounds like prodromal labor to me or maybe a longer first stage of labor, there is no reason to be in hospital for now though, what i would do is go home, relaxm have a bath or shower, have some food and see what happens.

I think that being in your normal enviroment would help you more than staying there for now! Good luck

sbdubb13
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Yeah I went in about 530 yesterday and they sent me home about 11 this morning I forgot to mention that :/ I wanted to go home last night bc they kept telling me the contractions weren't changing anything so I thought if I'm going to be in pain and it not change anything why can't I be home in my own bed in pain lol but they wanted to keep me anyway!

Quoting Cynthje:

It sounds like prodromal labor to me or maybe a longer first stage of labor, there is no reason to be in hospital for now though, what i would do is go home, relaxm have a bath or shower, have some food and see what happens.

I think that being in your normal enviroment would help you more than staying there for now! Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured