Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are some ways I can dilate?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HollieMariex3
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Evening primrose oil did the trick for me. It also has other benefits. I wouldn't recommend taking it if you're under 39 weeks though, how far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Not far enough.

Quoting HollieMariex3:

Evening primrose oil did the trick for me. It also has other benefits. I wouldn't recommend taking it if you're under 39 weeks though, how far along are you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Wait, you're not due for weeks yet.
Plus-size-mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM
How far along are you? I don't know why women always want to rush the baby out, it'll come out when it's ready.
wonderwomanT08
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Ive learned the hard  way with my first to let your baby come when they are ready! Its hard! I know! My due date is tomorrow and I couldnt even walk this morning because he was on a nerve.

Cynthje
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Being dilated or not doesnt mean anything, i have no idea how far along you are but honestly as long as your body and the baby are not ready nothing will work and that includes medical induction.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

How dilated you are means NOTHING! You could sit at four cm for two months or be locked up tighter than Fort Knox and deliver into two hours! I have heard both scenarios many, many, many, many times! How far along are you? 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM

You can't make yourself dilate. You can encourage the best position for baby and your pelvis. And you can help your cervix soften with evening primrose oil, sperm, and raspberry leaf tea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured