Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not finding out. Anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

Is anyone else planning to not find out the gender of their baby? 

This is my 3rd and possibly last pregnancy, and I already have a girl and a boy, so I'm planning to have it be a surprise this time :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfank
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I didn't find out with my first, won't this time, and don't plan to for future babies either. It's so much fun to find out when s/he is born. 

momma_gig
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I kind of regret finding out with my first 2, because I missed out on the excitement of my bf (now dh) being able to run out and tell everyone lol. But I found out with them because I "just knew" that I was right about predicting their genders and wanted to show everyone lol. And yes, I was right each time :P

Quoting sfank:

I didn't find out with my first, won't this time, and don't plan to for future babies either. It's so much fun to find out when s/he is born. 

AmericanChild82
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I was going to wait but it's my dh's first so I think we'll be finding out unless baby has other plans.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Surprise baby here! :-) 17 weeks to gooooo!!!

Erica_Smerica
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I'm not sure where we are. We didn't want to know-- went in for an ultrasound at 16 weeks, told the technician that we didn't want to know. She seemed to be good with that. Then part way through the ultrasound she said, "oh look at those cute thighs." so we dumbly looked. Sure looked like a boy to us. The technician even labeled that shot with "XY" which makes it sound like she thought it was a boy too.

However at our last midwife appointment (31 weeks) my midwife was asking us if we knew the gender, and when we told her the story, she said for a 16 week ultrasound, we really don't know. So I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. We haven't purchased anything for a boy, but we've been given a ton of stuff. We'll be fine either way =)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Not with my babies.

Are you doing any ultrasounds?

momma_gig
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Yes, but I'm not sure how many or at what stages. This will be a new office, pregnancy-wise, for me so I don't know how many ultrasounds are the norm for them. 

Quoting doulala:

Not with my babies.

Are you doing any ultrasounds?

Victoriaoh
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM
We didn't find out with dd. It made for a great moment when she was born. The doctor and nurses were excited too. They said they love surprises & don't get them too often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Nope

sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM
My first baby was a surprise. I was told I was having a girl but he was born a BOY lol. With this pregnancy I wanted to wait but at the ultrasound I got really emotional watching my baby move so I broke down and asked lol. I regret asking because they said its a girl but I really can't trust ultrasounds anymore so now I'm like ugh I should have just waited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN